Objective sharpie error while binding the FirebaseSDK

KostubDeshmukhKostubDeshmukh USMember ✭✭

I tried to use objective sharpie to bind the Firebase framework and I get the following error:

$ sharpie bind -f ~/Downloads/Firebase.framework -o /tmp/ -sdk iphoneos8.4 -n Firebase -c -fmodules

Parsing Native Code...

Submitting usage data to Xamarin...
  Submitted - thank you for helping to improve Objective Sharpie!

Done. Exiting with error code 1.
error: Firebase: framework requires SDK 'iphonesimulator8.1' which is not installed. You may need a newer Xcode.

I am not sure where to get the iphonesimulator8.1 SDK from and why it is required.

I can list the SDKs I have:

$ sharpie xcode -sdks
sdk: iphoneos8.4    arch: arm64   armv7
sdk: macosx10.10    arch: x86_64  i386
sdk: macosx10.9     arch: x86_64  i386

I have the latest sdk 8.4, and I don't know how to install 8.1. How do I fix this?

Answers

• rughvi8784rughvi8784 GBMember ✭✭

@KostubDeshmukh
    have you resolved the issue if not see below for how to install missing simulators in the Xcode.
    1. Open iOS Simulator (any)
    2. Go to hardware -> Device -> Manage Devices. This will bring up a new window where you will see all the current devices.
    3. On the left panel click + at the down bottom
    4. Brings up a new window - Create a new simulator
    5. In this window select 'iOS Version' which has an option 'Download more simulators'
    6. This will give you more options for the simulators.

Hope that helps.

Venkat V R.

• KostubDeshmukhKostubDeshmukh USMember ✭✭

The issue is not due to a missing simulator. It complains about the missing SDK. Installing simulators they way you mentioned does not add the older SDKs.

I got around this by using:

sharpie bind Firebase.h -scope . -o /tmp/ -sdk iphoneos8.4 -n Firebase -c -fmodules

The -f flag didn't work.