Changing from trial to starter pack

Having installed xamarin starter pack to trial, due to a few wrong key presses it's now changed to the trial mode. How can this be changed back to starter so can play with it for a few more days? Would uninstalling and reinstalling achieve this?

Thanks.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited May 2013

It should just automatically revert to Starter once the 30-day trial period is over.

However, if for some reason you don't want to wait, you can delete the file /Users/$USER/Library/MonoTouch/License.v2 for Xamarin.iOS (I'd have to ask around for the Android file because I don't recall its location offhand, but it should be something similar).

Keep in mind, however, that this does not pause the trial period. It will continue to accumulate time until expiring after 30 days.

• kizanlikkizanlik TRMember ✭✭

Hello jstedfast,

I am in the same situation right now. Is it the same for Windows 8 OS? I've searched for License.v2 file but I've found nothing. Could you help me too please?

Thank you..

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
    edited July 2013

The license file is located in the following locations:

• Windows 2008/Vista/7/8: X:\users\\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid
    • Windows XP: X:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid

Hello pierce.boggan

I found only one file there: debug.keystore

I renamed, moved to desktop, moved to recycle bin that file.
    I logged out then logged in my account.

Still "trial version" is active.

One more thing:

I've both Xamarin Studio v4.0.9 build 12 and Visual Studio 2012 installed on my PC. I activated trial edition through VS.

I deleted X:\users\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid (actually "Mono for Android" folder, with spaces).

I ran Xamarin Studio. It didn't create the folder but I ran VS, it did. It is still "trial version".

Ok. I solved it.
    There are three locations which contain "Mono for Android" folder:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Xamarin
    C:\ProgramData

I deleted "Mono for Android" folder from the locations above, "trial" is changed to "starter".

• LouisXLouisX USMember

I deleted folders "Mono for Android". There is no licence.v* file on the hard disk. When I open Xamarin studio, I see "starter" but if I log in, I get the trial version ! The version is 5.5.3.
    Maybe I don't need to log in, isn't it ?

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

When you log in, your licenses (including trials) are synchronized from your account. If you want to end you trial early, you can contact support and they can disable your trial.

• DyanDyan USMember

Just go to Xamarin Studio, then in tools menu you can change to starter version :smile: