Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Getting started with MonoGame

JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

I have a simple XNA sample I'd like to try porting to iOS with MonoGame.

Are there any docs/posts/etc outlining how to do this? The MG docs are pretty thin. I know the MG guys just did a seminar on 3.0, but I'd prefer something written.

thanks - JA

• TaraewTaraew USMember, Beta

Jason: I have a detailed tutorial series ongoing on my blog in which I am creating a basic XNA Shooter Game and showing how to use MonoGame to create an game for Windows 8 which doesn't support XNA. My goal in this walkthrough is to complete the game on Windows 8 and then keeping showing the detail and code on how to take this to other platforms iOS and Android with the same code base. It is a walkthrough in which I am starting from scratch building the game with MonoGame. I have published 3 parts of the tutorial so far (publishing as I am building it). I don't know if this will help you or not but it may possibly help you start off. http://blogs.msdn.com/tarawalker

Good Luck.

-TEW