MasterDetailPage MasterBehavior not being respected

When testing my app under a 10" tablet (Asus Transformer Pad K101), the MasterBehavior (SplitOnLandscape) is being respected, and the app is behaving as expected. However, when running the device on a slightly smaller tablet (Asus MeMO Pad 8"), this option seems to be ignored - I'm unable to force a permanent split in landscape mode. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

Also, it appears that the docstrings for the MasterBehavior options are incorrect - "Detail" is switched with "Master". i.e. MasterBehavior.Split has the docstring "Details are always displayed in a split screen", MasterBehavior.Popover has the docstring "Details pop over the page". Should these not be "Master is always displayed in a split screen" and "Master pops over the page" respectively?

Answers

• JosephRedfernJosephRedfern GBMember ✭✭

OK - I've narrowed the "bug" down a little. If I set MasterBehavior to SplitOnLandscape and start the app in landscape mode, then the Master view starts minimized (with Popover-style behavior). If I start the app in portrait and then rotate to landscape, then the Master View is permanently displayed in a fixed way as expected.

• LGMaestrelliLGMaestrelli BRMember ✭✭✭

I have a similar problem.
    On a specific Page (with charts and some reports), I need to change the MasterBehavior property to Popover and after the Page closes, I will change back to Default.

But, if the tablet is already in landscape, the MasterPage does nothing... I need to change the device orientation a few times to see any change.

It happens on Android and iOS.

Anyone has any idea?

@LGMaestrelli - I've filed a bug with Xamarin. No response, though: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=32067

This was fixed in the latest Xamarin Release.

I believe the bug was logged as "Bug 31482 - On a Nexus 7, if you start the app in landscape mode, than Device.Idiom reports Phone instead of Tablet."

• Thanks JosephRedfern. It worked after updating Xamarin Forms.