Does Sharpie and Xamarin supports binding iOS Dynamic libraries

IvanKirkorau.3935IvanKirkorau.3935 CNUniversity ✭✭

Hi,

In our project we have to bind the native iOS library that has the "Match-O Type"="Dynamic Library".
Is it supported by Sharpie and Xamarin?
And if yes - what can be different in comparison to the Static libs?

thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• JoeProJoePro CAUniversity ✭✭✭

My understanding is that only static libraries are supported by Tamarin.

• PhilipHadleyPhilipHadley USUniversity ✭✭

Is there a plan for Xamarin to bind static libraries in the future? If so, when?

• Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭

I support this question! When is it planned to be able bind dynamic libraries? If a static library is huge, build time is just enormous so its quite a drawback in this case.

• abockabock USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

Objective Sharpie itself does not come into play when dealing with whether or not your library will be dynamic or static. It works only on header files and is not concerned with linking.

Objective Sharpie helps you produced the binding "scaffolding" source code that you would otherwise need to write by hand. You still need to integrate its output within a full iOS or Mac binding project. Binding project and linking questions are best discussed in the iOS forum as they'll be visible to a wider audience.

• Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭

Okay, thanks Aaron.

• PhilipHadleyPhilipHadley USUniversity ✭✭

Per AaronBockover's comment, I added the question to a more appropriate forum:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/53262/plan-for-binding-to-dynamic-ios-libraries-from-xamarin#latest