Unable to close the preferences screen after modifying the SDK locations path

AdamMoroffAdamMoroff AUMember ✭✭

Hello,
Ive recently had to move the Android SDK and NDK folders from the /Library/Developer/Xamarin folder and onto an external drive. When I try to update the SDK locations paths in the Preferences screen (Xamarin Studio -> Preferences -> SDK Locations) the OK button does not save the updates and nothing happens! Is there some logic being executed behind the scenes that is causing the problem? Can I have the Android SDK stored on an external drive?

Has anyone else has this problem and know a resolution?

Thanks in advance.
Adam

Tagged:

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Does the OK button close the dialog? Is there anything in the IDE log (Help - Open Log Directory)?

The paths to the Android SDK and NDK are stored in ~./config/xbuild/monodroid-config.xml

However it would be good to get to the bottom of why you cannot save the changes.

• AdamMoroffAdamMoroff AUMember ✭✭

Hi Matt
    Im going through the process of reinstalling everything (Xamarin Studio, Xamarin.IOS and Xamarin.Android) onto my external drive (My Macbook Air only has about 50Gb capacity). I'll try again and see if the problem still persists.

BTW, the OK button did not close the dialog box - a little rainbow wheel appears for a while then nothing happens.

Hi Matt
    Please find attached the log files and a screenshot. Can you please investigate. Xamarin Studio is throwing exceptions but Im not sure why.

thanks.

Matt
    The XML file is empty (not sure why though) - can you provide an example of how the file should be formatted and I'll update it manually with the SDK locations.
    Thanks,

Matt
    I was able to resolve this issue by manually updating the~./config/xbuild/monodroid-config.xml
    with:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <monodroid>
      <android-sdk path="/Volumes/GDrive/android-sdk-macosx" />
      <java-sdk path="/usr" />
      <android-ndk path="/Volumes/GDrive/android-ndk-r10e" />
    </monodroid>"