Need help on Sqlite Db

Hi, new to Sqlite. Would appreciate your help for the following:

1. Please receommend a free Sqlite application to create a Sqlite database so that I can enter data manually.
  2. The Database created in (1) can be used in Xamarin.Android as an embeded database
  3. please provide link of reference or tutorial with sample code of Sqlite for Xamarin.Android
    This sample will hellp me to understand how they work.

Thanks.

• StevenTheEvenStevenTheEven SEMember ✭✭✭

Do a search for sqlite here in the forums and you should get answers to 2 and 3.

• KristerRenaudKristerRenaud SEMember

Linqpad (http://www.linqpad.net/) is a great tool for testing queries against DBs such as SQLite.

On this site and main Xamarin site there exists info on points two and three. Perhaps you can start with http://docs.xamarin.com/recipes/ios/data/sqlite/create_a_database_with_sqlitenet?

• ThinkingMobileThinkingMobile SGMember ✭✭

Hi , I am getting a bit of confused here.

1. Sqlite and Sqlite.Net

2. What data provider to use for Sqlite and Sqlite.net

I need an Sqlite Application to create sqlite Database ( for example MS Sql Server free edition to create Database)
    Can you recommend one .

Thanks

• StevaSteva RSMember ✭✭✭

Sqlite-net is a very good sqlite orm. You even have it on xamarin component store with an example that can get you started. At least for me it's the best way of dealing with sqlite on xamarin.android. And it's not platform specific.

This is a good blog post that describes different ways of using sqlite on xamarin.android. Look at this and examples on xamarin store and you are good to go.

• FZelleFZelle DEMember ✭✭✭

@ThinkingMobile

I need an Sqlite Application to create sqlite Database ( for example MS Sql Server free edition to create Database) Can you recommend one .

You have to understand that SQLite has nothing to do with MS Sql Server.
    And also you should first search the forum, as this has been answered before.