ListView scrolling problem on Android M

TobiasSchulzTobiasSchulz DEMember ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi,

Does anyone know about this scrolling issue that I'm having with any Xamarin.Forms ListView in Android M (Nexus 5)?

There is something like a white space above and under the ListView, and in the initial scrolling state, you think the ListView isn't rendered because everything is white. But when you scroll down, the scrollbar appears and the ListView too.

It's really hard to describe: (pay attention to the scroll bar on the righ side)

So far, every sample app with every ListView I tried is affected. TableView's behave normal!

Thanks,

Tobias

Answers

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@TobiasSchulz:

I also had this problem some time ago.
    If you have your LV in a StackLayout - try to set:

ErfassenStack.VerticalOptions = LayoutOptions.Start;

where ErfassenStack is the StackLayout with the ListView (this has solved my problem)

Else, you will find various information's to the problem, I you search for:
    https://www.google.ch/#q=xamarin.forms+listview+takes+to+much+space

Hope this helps...

• PeteSchmitzPeteSchmitz USMember ✭✭

I'm experience this issue as well on Android M with my project.

Xamarin Studio: 5.9.7
    Xamarin Forms: 1.5.0.6447

It only seems to occur with devices running Android M. What's odd, is that our beta version runs into this listview issue on android M, but our production version does not. I'll try to isolate the difference and post back.

• PeteSchmitzPeteSchmitz USMember ✭✭

Here's a project that reproduces the issue when deployed on a device running Android M.

There will be empty padding surrounding the top and body of the listview's content.

Additionally, I've filed a bugzilla report for this issue here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/attachment.cgi?bugid=35122&action=enter

• TobiasSchulz.9796TobiasSchulz.9796 DEMember ✭✭
    edited October 2015

I'm still experiencing this issue as well.. Does anyone have any workaound for this issue?

Xamarin Forms: 1.5.1.6471

• sherralasherrala USMember

I am having this problem as well. I have tried a number of positional option changes and nothing has helped. I can set the build target to 5.0 and produce a build without this issue, but that build config throws warnings and isn't a true fix anyway.

• ThibaultDThibaultD SEMember ✭✭✭

I just stumbled uppon the same issue, setting LayoutOptions to start does not seem to fix it.
    As well, did work well up to SDK 22, only breaking on SDK 23

• FilipLarssonFilipLarsson SEMember ✭✭

It's working as expected in Xamarin Forms 2.0.

If you want to use Xamarin Forms 1.5, build with android:targetSdkVersion="22"