if (lvItems.SelectedItem == null) return;
                    ViewModel.SearchSettingsVisible = false;
                    var itemModel = lvItems.SelectedItem as ListModel;
                    this.Navigation.PushAsync(new DARView(itemModel));
                    lvItems.SelectedItem = null;
                    ViewModel.FromDetail = true;
                };

• TheGabeChavezTheGabeChavez USMember, University

After upgrading to Xamarin.Forms 1.4.3.6372 I'm getting the following exception and the app crashes immediately on Windows Phone 8.0:

NavigationFailedException caught in App.xaml.cs:RootFrame_NavigationFailed() inner exxception

{Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlParseException: Position 274:39. StaticResource not found for key FontAwesome
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.StaticResourceExtension.ProvideValue(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.Visit(ElementNode node, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ElementNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ElementNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.FillResourceDictionariesVisitor.Visit(ElementNode node, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.RootNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Load(BindableObject view, String xaml)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Load(BindableObject view, Type callingType)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.Extensions.LoadFromXaml[TView](TView view, Type callingType)
    at Paylocity.Mobile.Client.App.InitializeComponent()
    at Paylocity.Mobile.Client.App..ctor()
    at Paylocity.Client.WinPhone.MainPage..ctor()}

App.xaml

273 <Style x:Key="BaseVectorIcon" TargetType="customControls:VectorIcon" > 274 <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{StaticResource FontAwesome}"/> 275 </Style> ... 327 <OnPlatform x:Key="FontAwesome" x:TypeArguments="x:String" iOS="fontawesome" Android="fontawesome" WinPhone="/Assets/Fonts/fontawesome.ttf#fontawesome"/>

• TheGabeChavezTheGabeChavez USMember, University
    edited July 2015

Quick follow up:

I change the order to the style declarations and got it to work. I upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.4.3 and the order of the styles in App.xaml worked before the upgrade. It seems to me like some sort of order sensitivity was introduced somewhere along the way. As a ResourceDICTIONARY the order shouldn't matter, should it? I think this should be looked at and the ordinal-sensitivity of style declarations be removed.

• WesselOosthuizenWesselOosthuizen USMember ✭✭

I downgraded to 1.4.2 stable, and everything is working fine.

@TheRealJasonSmith any ideas?

• LesterMeeksLesterMeeks USMember ✭✭
    edited July 2015

@TheRealJasonSmith

Attached a 1 page Xamarin Studio project that demonstrates how I am managing the listview that seems too lose the display values on refresh in both iOS and Droid.

The project should load a couple of sections and cells into each section based on an id. clicking the cells should produce a basic alert. There is a timer that updates the values in the cells. When this timer ticks the cells all go blank, but you can see the clicking still works. Since the clicks are being triggered manually in the list's tapped event (and you can see the "item" is working in the tapped event), but all the bound data is missing, seems like the binding is lost?

This method of cell management was working yesterday though it did "lose" headers sometimes in iOS when it was redrawing the list, but Forms update this morning breaks every list in my app (or uncovers something that I was doing wrong?)

Les

• aunanueaunanue ARMember ✭✭

Hi guys, the ActivityIndicator doesn't work on Kitkat after the update.

"System.MissingMethodException: Method 'ProgressBar.set_IndeterminateTintList' not found."

One of the Enhancements for Android was "Android ActivityIndicator Color property now works for Android 5.0+"
    perhaps not it doesn't work anymore for previous versions :-1:

It raises the exception either setting or not the ActivityIndicator.Color

Caused by: md52ce486a14f4bcd95899665e9d932190b.JavaProxyThrowable: System.MissingMethodException: Method 'ProgressBar.set_IndeterminateTintList' not found.
    at at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw ()
    at at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.m__0 (object)
    at Android.App.SyncContext/c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1879/5f55a9ef/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/src/Android.App/SyncContext.cs:18
    at Java.Lang.Thread/RunnableImplementor.Run () [0x0000b] in...

• MartinRothschinkMartinRothschink DEMember ✭✭

@WesselOosthuizen dose that happen on Android? I see a similar issue where the listview updates correctly (visually) but ItemSelected returns either a wrong object or does not fire at all. This happens only on Android, iOS and WP are fine. I was not yet able to create a simple test case.

• WesselOosthuizenWesselOosthuizen USMember ✭✭

@MartinRothschink yes on Android. I don't have an iOS app yet, I'm in the process of getting that going.

@WesselOosthuizen - I am seeing an odd list cell tapped situation also, but only on my new android dest devices. The tap in iOS seems to be working like a charm in my app, but android api 21 device is showing odd taps, sometimes when i navigate back to the screen it seems to tap the wrong button, or not respond to taps at all. Hopefully this all shows up as something easy.

• EderSantanaEderSantana USMember

[WinPhone] ListView crashing
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31541
    It is a killer bug for my team.

@MartinRothschink - That sounds like the bug I am currently seeing in my android app. Showing the correct cell but returning the wrong or no item?

• TheRealJasonSmithTheRealJasonSmith USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited July 2015

@EderSantana responded to your bug

I will try to respond to everyone else here this week.

• DavidDancyDavidDancy AUMember ✭✭✭✭

I think I found a bug in the vertical alignment of the Switch control on iOS when it's enclosed in (e.g.) a StackLayout. I can reproduce the issue and have submitted a bug report: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31562.

If any bright spark here can think of a workaround I've got a project that's blocked because of this issue (it just makes our login page look terminally ugly).

Thanks!

• KasperOvergrdNielsenKasperOvergrdNielsen DKBeta, University ✭✭

@TheRealJasonSmith, et al. - ListView broken for me as well when using custom ViewCells. Some of them are not showing up. I can see the binding updating fine, the ViewCells ctor is being called correctly, but not all items are shown on screen.

I have some ListViews that just use TextCell, and these does not cause any trouble for me.

Downgrading to 1.4.2.6359 fixes the issue.

I have only tested on Android, since this is what I focus on at the moment.

• StephaneDelcroixStephaneDelcroix USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭✭

@GabeChavez.7206 StaticResource doesn't allow forward references.

from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758287.aspx:

Important
    A StaticResource must not attempt to make a forward reference to a resource that is defined lexically further within the
    XAML file. Attempting to do so is not supported. Even if the forward reference doesn't fail, trying to make one carries a
    performance penalty. For best results, adjust the composition of your resource dictionaries so that forward references are
    avoided.

It indeed used to work, but was more a coincidence than a design decision.

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

@ArielUnanue.7889 What target/compile version of Android is your app set to? It should be "Use Latest Platform" or at least API Level 21. (Note this is not the same as the minimum that your app supports.)

• SilverBleachSilverBleach ZAMember

@TheRealJasonSmith Here is a bug that has existed since the release of XF for WinRT:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31566
    It makes releasing an app on WinRT impossible if we use the MasterDetailPage control.

Also, when navigating between pages that contain images, I often get the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT.ImageRenderer.d__1.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.b__4(Object state)
    at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()

• RogerHardimanRogerHardiman GBMember ✭✭

I have a ListView issue which sounds like some of the posts here but was in 1.4.2 too.
    Stack layout with 2 ListViews, call them listA and listB.
    I then have a couple of buttons. One button does listA.Isvisible=true; listB.IsVisible=false
    The other button does the opposite.
    On iOS on a very regular basis a ListView made visible will not be displayed

But doing a rotate of the device will then make it appear.

Will try and do a test case. This was in 1.4.2 but wonder if this is related to new 1.4.3 changes.

• DirkWeltzDirkWeltz DEMember ✭✭✭

@RogerHardiman This is a known issue of 1.4.2, but is solved in 1.4.3.

• RogerHardimanRogerHardiman GBMember ✭✭

Thanks @DirkWeltz for the update. The isVisible bug in 1.4.2 has gone. Replaced by a new bug.
    As I toggle back and forth between two ListViews (making one visible, the other invisible etc etc ) then an increasing gap appears between the Header and the list.

It is something new in 1.4.3

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that now, when I move the picker, SelectedIndexChanged event is immediately rised (without press "OK")?

I have also noted that, if I have 2 or more pickers in a page and I click on a picker (so the ... how call it... selecter? appears), I can also click on the other picker (and the selected is filled with new data)

The picker "problem" is only for iOS. I open a bug so we can track it.

Anyone know how to get back to the previous version in Xamarin Studio?

• DerekPapworth.4183DerekPapworth.4183 GBMember ✭✭
    edited July 2015

Come across what I think is a bug with 1.4.3 which I'll investigate further but just as heads-up for anyone else who comes up with it ..

.. working app with 1.4.2 and just update project with 1.4.3, no other changes, and now when I go from a page with list view to another page with different list view then return to first page (Back in Navigation Page) app bombs out and looks like it's on the call to the first list view item call for data template ..

_listview.ItemTemplate = new DataTemplate(typeof(uuiTwoLineGLCell));

With 1.4.2 the above is fine but with 1.4.3 I get an exception

Obviously I need to investigate further but is this related to any other issue found with 1.4.3 as far as anyone knows?

Derek

p.s. iOS so far ..

• DirkWeltzDirkWeltz DEMember ✭✭✭

@DerekPapworth Do you tried to set ItemTemplate to null before assigning a new one?

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

:smiley: !Success! :smiley:
    After very painful two weeks of preparing my XF iOS App for the Apple store, I was able to ship it a week ago to Apple.
    :sunglasses: Based on Pre-3 + hot-fix from Jason, it is now in the Apple store (within 8 days, without rejection) :sunglasses:
    So thanks to @TheRealJasonSmith for make it possible :smiley:
    Next week, I try to ship the Android-App...
    Cheers

• MarkFredricksonMarkFredrickson USMember ✭✭

@TheRealJasonSmith, @StephaneDelcroix - I just updated my LG G3 to a G4 and can no longer debug my Xamarin Android app with VS 2010, VS 2013, or XS. When I start the debugger the app starts then after about 4 seconds just quits. Without debugging the app runs fine. Eclipse has no problem debugging. The main difference in the two phones is that the G4 has a 64 bit processor and is running Android 5.1. I have checked out the other threads and have the latest drivers installed. It's not related to Forms either, a simple app fails too. Does anybody at Xamarin have a G4 or any idea why this is happening? I want to give my G3 to my daughter but can't until I get the G4 working.

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheRealJasonSmith:
    In WP (8.0), the following (confirmed) bug is still open:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28577

The problem is, that the (whole) app is only servable, if content is tapped (select an entry from a MD menu, scroll content in a ScrollView, etc.).
    This prevents me (and I think also other users) to ship the app to the store (as the app is not servable properly).
    Is there a chance, that the bug will be solved soon (in one of the next versions)?
    Thanks

• MartinRothschinkMartinRothschink DEMember ✭✭

@TheRealJasonSmith still waiting for your promised response to the Android ListView/binding issue(s).

• DavidTavarezDavidTavarez DOMember ✭✭✭

Muy XF App on Android always explode with this message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: android.renderscript.ScriptIntrinsicBlur xamarin

• DavidTavarezDavidTavarez DOMember ✭✭✭

Oh! android.renderscript.ScriptIntrinsicBlur is on Support.V8 and is not included on my project.

• JeremyHerbisonJeremyHerbison CAMember ✭✭

Can you guys please make sure you're posting stuff specific to 1.4.3? As in, regressions or things that are supposed to be fixed, but aren't. Anything else should get its own thread, I think.

• 93ta93ta JPMember, University
    edited July 2015

Hi, guys

Today I updated the Xamarin.Forms package but the bug that "Command and DataTrigger doesn't work in DataTemplate." doesn't seem to be fixed.

I'm using Xamarin.Forms 1.4.3.6374
    Is it really bug??

<ListView BindingContext="{local:PdfsViewModel}" ItemsSource="{Binding AllItems}" IsGroupingEnabled="true" GroupDisplayBinding="{Binding Name}" BackgroundColor="Transparent" SeparatorVisibility="None" RowHeight="{StaticResource BookRowHeight}"> <ListView.GroupHeaderTemplate> <DataTemplate> <ViewCell> <ViewCell.View> <Grid RowSpacing="0" BackgroundColor="{StaticResource BrandBkgdColor}"> <Grid.GestureRecognizers> <TapGestureRecognizer Command="{Binding TapItemCommand}" /> </Grid.GestureRecognizers> <StackLayout Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Padding="20, 0, 0, 0" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand"> <Image Source="books.png" HeightRequest="18" WidthRequest="18" Aspect="AspectFit" HorizontalOptions="Center" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand"> <Image.GestureRecognizers> <TapGestureRecognizer Command="{Binding TapItemCommand}" /> </Image.GestureRecognizers> </Image> </StackLayout> </Grid> </ViewCell.View> </ViewCell> </DataTemplate> </ListView.GroupHeaderTemplate> <ListView.ItemTemplate> <DataTemplate> <ViewCell Height="{StaticResource BookRowHeight}"> <ViewCell.View> <Image Source="download-circle.png" HeightRequest="30" WidthRequest="30" VerticalOptions="Center" HorizontalOptions="EndAndExpand"> <Image.Triggers> <DataTrigger TargetType="Image" Binding="{Binding Status}" Value="Ready"> <Setter Property="Source" Value="ok.png" /> </DataTrigger> <DataTrigger TargetType="Image" Binding="{Binding Status}" Value="DownloadAvailable"> <Setter Property="Source" Value="download-circle.png" /> </DataTrigger> <DataTrigger TargetType="Image" Binding="{Binding Status}" Value="DownloadFailed"> <Setter Property="Source" Value="download-circle.png" /> </DataTrigger> <DataTrigger TargetType="Image" Binding="{Binding Status}" Value="Downloading"> <Setter Property="Source" Value="reload.png" /> </DataTrigger> </Image.Triggers> </Image> </ViewCell.View> </ViewCell> </DataTemplate> </ListView.ItemTemplate> </ListView>

Here is a bug for Triggers problem
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28719

• StephaneDelcroixStephaneDelcroix USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

@93ta I tried to reproduce your issue, it works fine for me in a sample project, on iOS and android

• BenCBenC USMember ✭✭

@TheRealJasonSmith @MartinRothschink Having the same issue with ListView ItemTapped/ItemSelected on Android.

• ScottSmith.8058ScottSmith.8058 USMember, University

@AlessandroCaliaro Regarding the picker issue in iOS. We ran into this new behavior as well. We changed our code from handling the SelectedIndexChanged event to handling the Unfocused event of the picker to get back to the previous behavior. Might work in your case as well.

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

When I set the IsEnabled property on a custom view cell derived from ViewCell, I get this error when toggling is enabled on iOS, this did not occur in 1.4.2:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ViewCellRenderer.UpdateIsEnabled (Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ViewTableCell cell, Xamarin.Forms.ViewCell viewCell) [0x00007] in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ViewCellRenderer.ViewCellPropertyChanged (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs e) [0x0002a] in :0
    at at (wrapper delegate-invoke) :invoke_void_object_PropertyChangedEventArgs (object,System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs)
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.OnPropertyChanged (System.String propertyName) [0x00012] in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueActual (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, Xamarin.Forms.BindablePropertyContext context, System.Object value, Boolean currentlyApplying, SetValueFlags attributes, Boolean silent) [0x000ff] in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueCore (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Object value, SetValueFlags attributes, SetValuePrivateFlags privateAttributes) [0x00235] in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValue (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Object value, Boolean fromStyle, Boolean checkAccess) [0x00061] in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValue (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Object value) [0x00000] in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.Cell.set_IsEnabled (Boolean value) [0x00000] in :0
    at xxx.Views.DefaultViewCell.set_IsEnabled (Boolean value) [0x00003] in DefaultViewCell.cs:179