Ambiguous reference between System.Enviroment.GetFolderPath and Android.OS.Enviroment.GetFolderPath

Hi,

I am trying to export and write to some files using this code:
var documents = Environment.GetFolderPath (Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments); var filename = Path.Combine (documents, "Write.txt"); File.WriteAllText(filename, "Write this text into a file!");

But I am getting this error: Ambiguous reference between System.Enviroment.GetFolderPath and Android.OS.Enviroment.GetFolderPath

I build my project for android,and also I am using Systtem.IO;

Thanks

Answers

• xProjectsxProjects ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

XAM160 - error in Ex 1. leads to the same "ambiguous reference" issue
    Error CS0104 'Environment' is an ambiguous reference between 'Android.OS.Environment' and 'System.Environment' People.Droid C:\Training\Xamarin\XUniversity\Xam160\People\People\People.Droid\FileAccessHelper.cs 20 Active

This Solution may help:
    instead of this code from the exercise:
    string path = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal);
    Explicitly prepend the "System." to the Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal) statement:
    string path = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal);

I hope this helps.

• ValyallahAyobiValyallahAyobi USMember

@xProjects said:
    XAM160 - error in Ex 1. leads to the same "ambiguous reference" issue
    Error CS0104 'Environment' is an ambiguous reference between 'Android.OS.Environment' and 'System.Environment' People.Droid C:\Training\Xamarin\XUniversity\Xam160\People\People\People.Droid\FileAccessHelper.cs 20 Active

This Solution may help:
    instead of this code from the exercise:
    string path = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal);
    Explicitly prepend the "System." to the Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal) statement:
    string path = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal);

I hope this helps.

it worked ... thanks