Storyboard: Problem Parsing the XML in this document

JaxsunJaxsun USMember
edited June 2015 in Xamarin.iOS

I know this issue has come up before, but none of the fixes discussed seem to work for me.

When I open the Main.storyboard for my app I get the error:

"There was a problem parsing the XML in this document"

I used Xcode to check for issues. I resolved, and saved. This didn't change the error in Xamarin even after I refreshed the file. I even tried restarting Xamarin.

Appreciate the help.

Here are the details (abridged):

System.Xml.XmlException: '"' or ''' is expected. file:///Users/Stephen/Projects/Firstapp/Firstapp/Main.storyboard Line 1, position 55.
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ParseAttributeFromString (System.String src, System.Int32& idx, System.String& name, System.String& value) [0x00162] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/System.Xml/XmlTextReader.cs:2125
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.VerifyXmlDeclaration () [0x0003d] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/System.Xml/XmlTextReader.cs:2037
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadProcessingInstruction () [0x000dc] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/System.Xml/XmlTextReader.cs:2005
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00115] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/System.Xml/XmlTextReader.cs:1273
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00141] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/System.Xml/XmlTextReader.cs:572
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x0006b] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/System.Xml/XmlTextReader2.cs:563
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () [0x00000] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.XML/Mono.Xml/XmlFilterReader.cs:232
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) [0x0000b] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.Xml.Linq/System.Xml.Linq/XDocument.cs:154
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.LoadCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) [0x00006] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.Xml.Linq/System.Xml.Linq/XDocument.cs:147
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.String uri, LoadOptions options) [0x00021] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.Xml.Linq/System.Xml.Linq/XDocument.cs:101
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.String uri) [0x00000] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-branch/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.1/mcs/class/System.Xml.Linq/System.Xml.Linq/XDocument.cs:92
at MonoTouch.Design.Client.IPhoneDesignerSession+c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1858/5a524e17/source/md-addins/Xamarin.Designer.iOS/MonoTouch.Design.Client/IPhoneDesignerSession.cs:311
at MonoTouch.Design.Client.IPhoneDesignerSession.LoadXml (System.Func`1 getDoc, System.String fileName) [0x00045] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1858/5a524e17/source/md-addins/Xamarin.Designer.iOS/MonoTouch.Design.Client/IPhoneDesignerSession.cs:338

Tagged:

• JaxsunJaxsun USMember

Ok sorry, my bad, noticed the issue with the quotes being of the wrong format. Several of them were wrong, not sure how they got that way.

Please close.

• Vishal.9040Vishal.9040 AUMember

Hi Jaxsun,
    I am facing the same issue. Can you provide little more information on how did you resolve it?
    Thanks

• BryonSpellerBryonSpeller USMember

Vishal.9040

My similar XML error was related to the version number being unexpected inside the tag.
    I removed --> version=“3.0” <-- from the tag and the XML is parsed fine now.

You may want to try that.

• HunaeHunae BEMember

@BryonSpeller said:
    Vishal.9040

My similar XML error was related to the version number being unexpected inside the tag.
    I removed --> version=“3.0” <-- from the tag and the XML is parsed fine now.

You may want to try that.

Sorry how can i do that ? :/

• BOKABOKA GBMember ✭✭

Hi, I now have the same issue. I don't understand from these posts how the problem is resolved?
    Any help, much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Brian.