Visual Studio Community problems

Hello,

I'm newbie in this forum as well as fresh Xamarin developer. I have got problem that's delaying my work, getting crazy with it.
Does VS community version supports Indie license? I used Xamarin studio to build my application, it required Indie license only but VS community forced me to use Business license. This problem has been occurring since I updated my Xamarin for VS (by VS option dialog) to latest. Any body has same problem, please help me.

Tagged:

• VictorGarciaAprea.9996VictorGarciaAprea.9996 Victor Garcia Aprea USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited June 2015

Hi Thinh,

Visual Studio doesn't support Indie license. For VS, the options you have are: Starter (free, with limitations), Trial (Business license full functional 30 days trial), Business and Enterprise.

thanks

• ThinhPhamHong.0467ThinhPhamHong.0467 Thinh Pham Hong USMember

Thanks,

To be honest, Start Edition of Xamarin VS is really useless. I started to learn Xamarin with Visual Studio, and after trial expired, I would to upgrade to Indie license and keep using with VS, but couldn't. Wasted time to download VS community instead of using Xamarin Studio from begin!

• VictorGarciaAprea.9996VictorGarciaAprea.9996 Victor Garcia Aprea USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Thinh,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starter edition. Can you please let me know which restriction in Starter is the one most bothering you? Or which ones if there is more than one?

I'm from the XamarinVS team and we don't own how Starter works, but I could surely pass your feedback onto the right team for consideration.

Thanks,

• ThinhPhamHong.0467ThinhPhamHong.0467 Thinh Pham Hong USMember

Hi,

most restriction is limitation of application size I can build. 64KB IL code is not enough for even typical test demo (I don't mention about demo at Xamarin page, they have very poor features). So I do not continue my work to find other restrictions, that's all I would concern.

• PaulYeagerPaulYeager Paul Yeager USMember

I totally agree with ThinhPhamHong.0467. It would be awesome if there was a version of Xamarin that doesn't have the limitations and has a cost benefit for the lone developer that wants to use VS Community.