Stable service release: XamarinVS 3.11.586, bug fixes for 3.11.445

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan ZagaeskiUSForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Released versions:

Windows

• Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.11.586.msi (a91e30d)
  • Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.11.590.msi (5160db7) (Hotfix)

Mac

• monotouch-8.10.1.64.pkg (e6ebd18)
  • monotouch-8.10.1.74.pkg (6916d0e) (Hotfix)
  • MonoFramework-MDK-4.0.1.44.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg (ed1d3ec)

Reason for release: Bug fixes for the 3.11.445 Stable Channel release on April 29.

Release notes: http://developer.xamarin.com/releases/vs/xamarin.vs_3/xamarin.vs_3.11/#Xamarin_3.11

Date published:

Previous versions, downgrading

You can downgrade back to the previous Stable versions (from April 29) by manually reinstalling each old package (see also the article about downgrading). The links to the previous Stable versions are:

Windows

Mac

Older versions (from before April 29)

If needed, you can also downgrade back to the older versions (from before April 29) by manually reinstalling each old package. See the "Previous versions, downgrading" section on the previous Stable release thread for the older downgrade links.

Guidelines for this thread

1. This first post will be updated regularly.

2. Hopefully this thread will help answer "what might break if I update to this release?"

3. If you find a new problem that is specific to this version, please file a bug report (if this link redirects to the top-level https://kb.xamarin.com/ page the first time you click it, try clicking it once more).

4. Please discuss older bugs that are unchanged in this release compared to the previous Stable version in Bugzilla instead.

5. Of course for questions and discussions about topics other than bugs, feel free start new forum threads.

Remaining known issues from the April 29 Stable Channel release, with more common or severe issues near the top

(Candidate fixes for many of these remaining issues are now available on the Alpha updater channel.)

• Bug 28961 - [iOS] "error MT3001: Could not AOT the assembly", "error: invalid symbol redefinition". (This can also appear as "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex > this.length" in the "Output -> Xamarin Log" in VS.) One common cause of this error is the use of [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)]. Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels. (Old workaround for projects that use [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)]: remove [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)] and manually synchronize the methods using lock statements instead (https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28961#c6)).

• Non-public Bug 28995 - [Android] On certain devices, certain apps crash frequently due to "System.ExecutionEngineException: SIGILL". Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels.

• Bug 30318 - [Android] Windows only: Breakpoints in PCL projects do not work after cleaning solution, redeploying, and restarting debugging. Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels. (Old partial workaround: delete all the bin folders in the solution after cleaning.)

• Bug 30371 - [XamarinVS] [Android] Project Properties display incorrect default values for "BundleAssemblies" and "EmbedAssembliesIntoApk" if they are not explicitly specified. This means that these properties can "automatically" change to incorrect values when you update other properties under "Project Properties -> Android Options". The incorrect values can cause secondary symptoms like Bug 30334 where breakpoints are not hit in the Debug configuration. Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels.

• Non-public Bug 30057 - [Android] Windows only: the debugger will not be able resolve breakpoints unless "Shared Runtime" is ON and the Linker is OFF (under "Project Properties -> Android Options" in Visual Studio or "Project Options -> Android Build" in Xamarin Studio). Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels.

• Non-public Bug 30059 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] "Mono.Debugger.Soft.CommandException: Debuggee returned error code 200." when hitting breakpoints in PCLs in certain projects when running XamarinVS on certain computers.

• Bug 29326 - [Android] String resources defined in NuGet packages overwrite string resources defined in app project, causing the displayed app name to be incorrect for example. Workaround: avoid using the same string key that is used in the NuGet packages.

• Bug 29211 - [iOS] Enabling the linker when the solution includes a PCL that uses System.IO.Compression causes "Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression' or one of its dependencies" at run time. The same problem can also happen with System.Threading.Tasks (and probably also several other assemblies). Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels. (Old workaround: add -linkskip=System.IO.Compression (or -linkskip=System.Threading.Tasks for System.Threading.Tasks) under "project options -> iOS Build -> Additional mtouch arguments".)

• Non-public Bug 30481, Bug 29557 - [Mono] [Android] [iOS] SqlConnection.GetSchema() fails with "SourceTable is required to be a non-empty string".

• Bug 30548 - [Android] Under certain conditions new threads take several seconds to start. This problem seems to be triggered by Xamarin.Insights 1.10. Partial workarounds: upgrade Xamarin.Insights to version 1.10.3, downgrade it to version 1.9, or remove it entirely.

• Bug 30420 - [iOS] DequeueReusableCell(cellIdentifier) returns null if this.TableView is called in the TableView constructor. Workaround: perform all initialization operations for the TableView in the ViewDidLoad() or ViewWillAppear() methods rather than the constructor.

• Bug 29745 - [iOS] Error due to duplicate symbols during native compilation for device: "duplicate symbol _monoeg_g_array_new" (and many similar messages). Workarounds: disable profiling under "Project Properties -> iOS Build", or if your app uses the -all_load linker flag (via either gcc_flags or LinkerFlags) try removing it.

• Non-public Bug 29538 - [Android] Profiling via the graphical Xamarin Profiler ("Run -> Start Profiling") causes the app to crash at startup. Now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels.

• Bug 29849 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] The "Visual C# -> Mobile Apps -> Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable)" template includes an iOS project that has a non-empty value for the <CodesignEntitlements> property for the iPhoneSimulator configurations, meaning that the iPhoneSimulator configuration will attempt to perform code signing. This is inconsistent with the other templates and also with the corresponding Xamarin Studio template on Mac. Workaround: open the .csproj file in a text editor and delete the <CodesignEntitlements> property from all of the iPhoneSimulator configurations. The template project is now fixed in the Beta and Alpha channels.

• Bug 29731 - [Android] Android.Bluetooth.BluetoothAdapter.Enable is incorrectly marked as [Obsolete("deprecated")] for API level 20 and higher.

Remaining known issues from before the April 29 Stable Channel release

(For issues that might behave differently for some customers after updating to this new release, or that might be difficult to find via Bugzilla.)

• Bug 28027 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] The debugger sometimes fails to connect properly after the app launches. This means breakpoints will not be hit during that launch of the app and the "Output -> Debug" window will be blank. Repeating the steps of (a) stopping the debugger and (b) relaunching the app will eventually lead to a successful connection. This problem has existed since at least XamarinVS 3.9.483, but some recent reports suggest that it has become more common for certain users in this latest release. To make a reasonable guess, the problem might be caused by a race condition. Based on that guess, this new version might have changed some timings and increased the probability of hitting the issue on a wider range of system configurations. The bug is under active investigation.

• Bug 29897 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] Breakpoints sometimes don't work when debugging on iOS device. Based on the observed behavior of this problem, it appears to have the same underlying cause as Bug 28027.

New known issues

• Bug 30488, Bug 31208, and several other related bugs - [iOS] "error MT3001: Could not AOT the assembly" and "Error setting up ... class vtable". This problem is caused by a new error check that was added in Xamarin.iOS 8.10.1. It will be restored to the old 8.10.0 behavior in the next Beta release (tentatively on June 24).

EDIT June 3: Update version numbers for Android M Preview SDK hotfix. Add Mono Bug 30481.
EDIT June 4: Adjust wording about downgrading to "older versions."
EDIT June 10: Mark bugs that are now fixed in the Alpha channel "Service Release 2" (28961 28995 30371 29211 30072 29538 29849 29725)
EDIT June 11: Correction: the fixes for 30318 and 30057 will be in the next Alpha build, which should be available in less than 1 week.
EDIT June 23: Mark additional bugs that are now fixed in the Beta channel "Service Release 2" (30318 30057 30420). Add iOS bug 30488.
EDIT June 24: Update version numbers for iOS 9 Preview critical compatibility hotfix.

• FredyWengerFredyWenger Fredy Wenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    • Debugger (in emulator) still don’t stop on every breakpoint

• Still not able to debug to my IPhone and iPad (only emulator works).

• Error MT1007: Failed to launch the application 'com.yourcompany.AppName' on the device 'iPad/iPhone xxx’:

Why is this bug (filled 2015-03-09) not mentioned here and still has status “New”..?
      https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=27776

I have exported the logs, searched the last entries to the failed deploy to the iPhone/iPad and found:

warning MT1003: Could not kill the application 'com.yourcompany.MatrixGuide'. You may have to kill the application manually.
      warning MT1108: Could not find developer tools for this 8.3 (12F70) device. Please ensure you are using a compatible Xcode version and then connect this device to Xcode to install the development support files.

• Still don’t see variables in the debugger as they are “unknown” (e.g. Application).

Why is this bug (filled 2015-01-28) not mentioned here and still has status “New”..?
      https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=26492

• If I search I bugzilla for “ios debugger” there are 186 bugs showed. More then 50 with status “New” (including “my” bugs mentioned above).

• :error:So.. this raises the final question for me… what are you doing, guys…?:error:

EDIT June 3 by @BrendanZagaeski: Trim down the comment to better fit the "guidelines for this thread."

Update:

I have very strange additional problems now, if I debug to the iOS-Emulator.

I can debug the app to the iOS-Emulator and it loads (like before).
    If I then do some tests (with querying data from JSON-web service), I have crashes that I don't had before:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

SIGABERT, never had / seen before:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error
    in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    used by your application.

Other error-messages not had before:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
    bei Mono.Debugging.Client.ObjectPath.get_Item(Int32 n)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Client.ObjectValue.GetChild(String name, EvaluationOptions options)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Client.ObjectValue.GetChild(String name)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Client.ExceptionInfo.get_StackIsEvaluating()
    bei Xamarin.VisualStudio.Debugger.ExceptionsAdapter.ResolveFullException(ExceptionInfo exception)
    bei Xamarin.VisualStudio.Debugger.ExceptionsAdapter.GetExceptionInfo(Backtrace backTrace, EvaluationOptions options)
    bei Xamarin.VisualStudio.Debugger.ExceptionsAdapter.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, TargetEventArgs args)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Client.DebuggerSession.OnTargetEvent(TargetEventArgs args)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Soft.SoftDebuggerSession.HandleBreakEventSet(Event[] es, Boolean dequeuing)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Soft.SoftDebuggerSession.HandleEventSet(EventSet es)
    bei Mono.Debugging.Soft.SoftDebuggerSession.EventHandler()

What scares me in addition, is that the app now also crashes, if I start it from the emulator (without debugger), whereby the already (with the older version) to the iPhone deployed version don’t crash (and I don’t have updated any other SW in the meantime).

I have seen, that - with the update to the latest integration software - also some other VS files have been updated (including some description-files).

So my questions: @BrendanZagaeski, and @Xamarin-Ian

Do you have an idea, what can causes this strange behavior?
    Or... do I have to update further software?
    I don’t trust me to work further until I know what this causes…

Thanks for a fast answer

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited June 2015

I have trimmed down the first reply to pull out a few key pieces for discussion. Hopefully that will help keep the thread tightly focused according to the "guidelines for this thread."

Perhaps it will help if I first clarify that these release threads are not a direct response to forum discussion 33738. The content and format of the threads was designed (a) to fill in some information that was previously difficult to find, and (b) to provide one consistent place to gather feedback and provide updates about new problems in each new release.

Again, the purpose of these release threads is to help make sure any new problems caused by this specific release are prioritized. Yes, older problems are important too, but as discussed previously, and as mentioned in the guidelines in the first post in the thread, the purpose of these release threads is to answer the question "what [new things] might break if I update to this release?", rather than "what are all the open bugs that still exist in this release?" (see also this comment for some additional related discussion). Bugzilla is the correct way to track all the open bugs. Many thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Why is the status of this bug still "New"?

If I search I bugzilla, there are more than 50 bugs with a status of "New"

Improving Xamarin's overall responsiveness on Bugzilla is an important objective too, but that discussion is outside the scope of these release threads. It might be good for Xamarin to provide a place for customers to discuss Bugzilla and release strategy with the Xamarin team, but Xamarin hasn't organized that yet. I will bring it up for discussion with the Xamarin team. As hinted at in one of my comments on the previous release thread, I am the primary person watching these release threads, but I am not the best person to answer most of these "bigger" questions.

What are you doing, guys?

The majority of the work that went into this service release is recorded by:

A. The bugs marked "Now fixed in" on the previous release thread.

and

B. The list of changes between 3.11.458 and 3.11.586 on the release notes.

As with responsiveness on Bugzilla, there are plans to improve the depth and completeness of the release notes in the future to better illustrate what has changed in each Stable release.

EDIT June 4: Adjust wording in first paragraph around "guidelines for this thread".

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

warning MT1108: Could not find developer tools for this 8.3 (12F70) device. Please ensure you are using a compatible Xcode version and then connect this device to Xcode to install the development support files.

This is a standard error message that has occurred in older versions of Xamarin as well. As it says, Xcode must be updated to a version that supports the specified iOS version (in this case, Xcode 6.3 or higher to support iOS 8.3). If you attempted to use the iOS 8.3 device in an Objective-C or Swift app directly in Xcode 6.2 or lower, you would hit a similar problem.

If I then do some tests (with querying data from JSON-web service), I have crashes that I don't had before:

@FredyWenger, as indicated by guideline #3 in the first post in the thread, the most direct way to proceed with any new problems that appear in this release is first to file a bug report (if this link redirects to the top-level kb.xamarin.com/ page the first time you click it, try clicking it once more), and then to paste the link to that bug report back in this thread.

Preliminary investigation

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
    bei Mono.Debugging.Client.ObjectPath.get_Item(Int32 n)

It appears this error might match an existing bug that was reported against XamarinVS 3.9: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28892.

The other errors about "SIGABRT" and "TargetInvocationException" could have any number of causes. In order to track down those problems, the Xamarin developers will need test cases that reproduce them. Those test cases can be attached directly on new bug reports. Or, if providing complete zipped up test cases will be a problem (and you have a Business or Enterprise license), another option is to contact the Xamarin Support Team via email and list some clues about what you think might be causing the problems. The Support Team will work with the QA Team to attempt to reproduce the problems based on those clues. (If that link redirects to the top-level kb.xamarin.com/ page the first time you click it, try clicking it once more.)

@BrendanZagaeski:
    First, it’s not nice to censure postings for the reason ”to better fit the guidelines for this thread" (but this fit the (my) picture).
    If the described bug’s under “Remaining known issues” only contains a small amount of the open (known) bugs, the already filled bugs still are not inspected for months and this thread don’t contain the full information’s needed, I - unfortunately - don’t see any progress (since my posted thread from February 23 here: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/33738/proposal-solving-of-the-debugger-problems-version-3-9-302#latest)
    But please don’t comment this comment, I’m tired to talk about..(I will - maybe - post my findings in the other thread to “fit the guidelines for this thread” in the future :smirk: )

But I nevertheless have two questions:
    Warning MT1108:

This is a standard error message that has occurred in older versions of Xamarin as well. As it says, Xcode must be updated to a version that supports the specified iOS version (in this case, Xcode 6.3 or higher to support iOS 8.3). If you attempted to use the iOS 8.3 device in an Objective-C or Swift app directly in Xcode 6.2 or lower, you would hit a similar problem.

I have investigated the log-files to the problem “debug to iPhone / iPad don’t work” and found this error-message in the log-file (to the time, I have tried to deploy to the device).
    My app is based on a XF shared project.
    So… according to your answer, it seems, that this error-message has nothing to do with the “debug-problem to the device” and I don’t have to update to Xcode 6.3 therefore
    -> Is that correct?

"SIGABRT" and "TargetInvocationException:
    It’s clear, that this can have various reasons, but that was not my question.
    The reason for my question was, that I don’t have seen this errors before the update (with the same app-version) and now can see it.
    Therefore I also have asked, what other (VS-)files for which reason were updated by the installation (I think, I have seen also some “documentation-files”).
    Can it be, that VS/the debugger now (with the update) shows more detailed error-messages and - maybe - also generally more error-messages (what would be a good Change for me)?

Thanks for further answers to this two questions.

• GuillaumeGirardGuillaumeGirard Guillaume Girard CAMember ✭✭

Just updated from 3.9 to 3.11.
    Looking at android csproj files, the TargetFrameworkVersion property has been automatically updated from

< TargetFrameworkVersion />

to

< TargetFrameworkVersion>v5.0< /TargetFrameworkVersion>

Not sure it is really an expected behavior as .Net framework version 5 does not exist... Is it?

edited June 2015

it’s not nice to censure postings

Yup, that's a fair point. My goal was to try to retain all of the key questions so it wouldn't feel too much like "censuring," and more just like "summarizing." But one thing I meant to do and forgot was to include the original full comment as an attachment.

according to your answer, it seems, that this error-message has nothing to do with the “debug-problem to the device” and I don’t have to update to Xcode 6.3 therefore
    -> Is that correct?

If you're using an iOS 8.3 device, you will still need to upgrade to Xcode 6.3 to avoid the "Could not find developer tools for this 8.3 (12F70) device" error. But once you've updated I suspect you will get back to seeing the original symptoms of Bug 27776. From the history of that bug, it appears that Bug 27776 is not dependent on the Xcode version.

Can it be, that VS/the debugger now (with the update) shows more detailed error-messages and - maybe - also generally more error-messages (what would be a good Change for me)?

I think the only change in error logging compared to the previous Stable release of XamarinVS 3.11 was when building iOS projects (which shouldn't affect run time errors like SIGABRT and TargetInvocationException). My suspicion is that the SIGABRT might be just an "unlucky" coincidence of how and where the "TargetInvocationException" occurred. If the identical code does not show the "TargetInvocationException" on 3.11.458, but does show the exception on 3.11.586 (or 3.11.590), that sounds like it is (unfortunately) a regression caused by one of the fixes in 3.11.586. In that case, my guess would be that the regression is in Xamarin.iOS rather than the XamarinVS extensions. In either case, if the problem does not happen on 3.11.458 (or earlier) and does happen on 3.11.586 (or later), I think the developer teams would be very interested in a test case. Many thanks!

For comparison, I did find one existing bug for a TargetInvocationException reported against the original stable release of XamarinVS 3.11 (Xamarin.iOS 8.10): https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29803.

There are also some recent bug reports about SIGABRT that might have some helpful clues.

@BrendanZagaeski Do you know if it will be possible for your team to quickly release the fix for Bug 28961?

Currently we encounter this issue on code generated by the compiler as Add/Remove/Raise methods on events...
    Of course the workaround is applicable by implementing custom event instead, but it is a LOT of work for large apps where as the bug is already fixed/verified in your bug tracker.

Otherwise I will downgrade to 3.9 again. But it also prevent us to update MvvmCross iOS binaries to latest as they are compiled against 3.11 and require API method introduced in it, forcing us to publish an app on AppStore with an MvvmCross beta release (as 64bits is required and this beta is the only solution we can currently use).

@BrendanZagaeski:
    Thanks for your answers and please remove the .txt-attachment and also don't paste an additional link - it don't help and is "snow of yesterday" :wink:

XCode 6.3:
    If the update to XCode 6.3 don't help for the iPhone- / iPad- debug problem, I don't update to 6.3 as I don't have other problems (I have 8.3 on my devices already a longer time) and not want to find out which new problems come, if I update to 6.3 :smirk:

SIGABRT:
    As I wrote, I don't say that the new release causes the SIGABRT, but now shows the SIGABRT.
    I further think, I see now more and more detailed messages in the output-window, but maybe I'm wrong...

edited June 2015

Do you know if it will be possible for your team to quickly release the fix for Bug 28961?

@GuillaumeGirard, the fix for that bug is at this very moment being merged into the next service release ("Cycle 5 – Service Release 2"). The current plan is to release the first Alpha versions of that next service release as soon as useful builds are available, hopefully no later than the week of June 8.

(On a side note, the automatic change in <TargetFrameworkVersion /> sounds interesting too. If you're seeing that change in an Android project, then the TargetFrameworkVersion is referring to the Android v5.0 API (Lollipop), but it's still interesting that it changed automatically. I will look into that shortly.)

@BrendanZagaeski Thanks for the info, first time I saw the Xamarin release blog.
    As a side note, I have the AndroidUseLatestPlatformSdk option set to true which previously was maintaining the TargetFrameworkVersion empty, now it is no longer the case.

@BrendanZagaeski Could you provide me a link for the MonoFramework associated to Xamarin.iOS 8.9.1.3?
    I know it is 3.12.1 but I cannot find it anywere...

edited June 2015

@GuillaumeGirard

If needed, you can also downgrade back to older Stable versions (from before April 29) by manually reinstalling each old package. See the previous Stable release thread for the older downgrade links.

(From the first post in the thread.)

EDIT: I should probably change that paragraph to say "See the 'Previous versions, downgrading' section on the previous Stable release thread." I will make that adjustment shortly.

It's pretty clear... I just did not take enough time to fully read your post (I used the forum search feature but you're getting to have a lot of post to announce new alpha/beta/stable release ;))
    Thanks!

Cool cool :). Yeah, now that we have the new release blog (starting with "Cycle 5 – Service Release 1"), those older threads will be easier to find in the future.

I have also requested some improvements to the https://store.xamarin.com/account/my/subscription/downloads page to make it easier to get a matching set of older versions all at once. Hopefully that will make the whole "downgrading" section in these release threads redundant in the near future.

edited June 2015

I have the AndroidUseLatestPlatformSdk option set to true which previously was maintaining the TargetFrameworkVersion empty, now it is no longer the case.

Ah ha. Based on some further investigation, this new behavior (in 3.11 compared to 3.9) appears to be the fix for Bug 26079 where having an empty TargetFrameworkVersion could cause problems for NuGet packages. Unfortunately that fix does cause "churn" in the .csproj file (as noted in one of the comments on the bug), so performing a source code check-in of your .csproj files for precisely that 1 change is probably a good idea to help keep the version control history clean.

@BrendanZagaeski (and at all other readers of this thread).
    I had (once again) problems to add and/or rename an Image to my Android-project (VS then hangs and has to be shut-down in task-manager).
    This problem is discussed here:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/categories/xamarin-forms

Based on a hint of @RaphaelSchindler (add the image manually by editing the .csproj-file), I was able to investigate the problem in detail and found bugs in the IS-Software.
    You can find all details in the attached .pdf

Conclusion (for all users - until the bugs are fixed):
    If you have to add resources or change the name of already included resources in the Android-project:
    - Do it manually (by editing the .csproj-File)
    -> You can find the details in the attached .pdf.

I further have filed a bug:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=30968

• SothyChanSothyChan Sothy Chan USMember

Hi,
    I'm currently using Xamarin for Visual Studio, latest stable, with Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 and I randomly run into the bug that was reported 6 months ago where "The process cannot access the file "appName.dll." I have to shut down VS and re-open. Is there a fix for this that I somehow missed?

Thanks,
    Sothy

@SothyChan:
    This is one of the "evergreens" (comes back from time to time (update to update) like terminator).
    I actually have installed 3.11.586 and don't have it right now.
    Which version exactly you use actual (what does "latest stable" means exactly)?
    If not .586, I would change to it.

According to Jason in this thread:
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/43674/xamarin-forms-1-4-3-pre3-released#latest

They are working on a "stable" release to make the debugger (and hopefully the whole VS-integration) working again.
    But I think - unfortunately - this will take a longer time :disappointed:

• SothyChanSothyChan Sothy Chan USMember

@FredyWenger
    Thank you for your response. I'm using .590. Thanks for letting me know about the downgrade.

This discussion has been closed.