Forum Xamarin.Forms

XLabs Record Video

NathanChannonNathanChannon GBMember ✭✭

Hi,

This issue is stopping us from releasing our app so I've created a sample Forms project to demonstrate the problem and hopefully someone can help.

Just to note - this is also the same using Xamarin.Mobile but as I understand it, XLabs is a fork of Xamarin,Mobile (don't quote me on that I just remember reading it somewhere) and hence I think that's why we get the same results.

It's a simple project attached which just tries to record a video - but in Android it won't work - it doesn't crash, it just doesn't complete the recording or give you an option to use what you've recorded. It's very strange but I'm absolutely sure this was working a couple of months ago.

Any help is appreciated, I know the code must work because on iOS it works correctly so it's quite difficult to get to the bottom of.

Thanks

Answers

• XadrianXadrian DEMember

Hi,
    I just tested your solution on my Galaxy S3 with Android 6.0 (CyanogenMod).
    It works without any problems. I can record a video file and play it out of the the given path.
    The "discard" button is not working, only. When I press this button, the app crashes and the video file still exists.

Best regards

• XadrianXadrian DEMember

Hi,
    I just tested your solution on my Galaxy S3 with Android 6.0 (CyanogenMod).
    It works without any problems. I can record a video file and play it out of the the given path.
    The "discard" button is not working, only. When I press this button, the app crashes and the video file still exists.

Best regards