Certificate/key not showing in keystore

Diego_CDiego_C USMember
edited May 2015 in Xamarin.Android

I have a keystore which includes multiple app keys. Using Android Studio I'm able to select the file and I see all the included keys. But in Xamarin studio, using the new archive dialog I select this same file and only the last key that was added appear, so I cannot sign the app, as it will be signed with a different key and the updates won't work. I have been forced to manually use jarsigned and zipalign, that, again using the same keystore file, work.

Anyone has faced this same problem? I'm using
Xamarin Studio
Version 5.9.1 (build 3)
Runtime:
Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/d136b79)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400000143

Xamarin.Android
Version: 5.1.1.0 (Business Edition)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

Edit to add that apart of not working is really buggy and usually crashes when cancel the selection of the keystore...

Tagged:

• Diego_CDiego_C USMember

Any idea about this? Finally the manually signed app workaround didn't work, I don't know why. The final solution has been to make a copy of the keystore and remove all the others keys, and use it to sign, very bad solution as we need now to keep and maintain two separates files against all the internal procedures.... looks like an important bug to me.

• Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭

@Diego_C Did you find a solution for this? I am having the same problem and its really annoying as I cannot publish my app!!!

• Diego_CDiego_C USMember
    edited June 2015

Hey @Greg767 yes, make a copy of your keystore file (not work in the original file or you will lose the keys!) and then on that copy run for each app key different than the one you want to use

keytool -delete -alias appkeytoremove -keystore yourkeystorefile

Once you leave only your app key you will be able to use it within Xamarin.

I think is a really important problem.... keep different copies of the keys is dangerous and hard to maintain.

• Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭

Ahh, ok :) I haven't reached the desperate mode yet, to think of this as a solution. Thanks!! I hope this will be improved to handle multiple certs. Or its just a bug.