What is the recommended way to handle localization of Xamarin.Mac applications? It seems there is a mix of XCode and .NET possibilities.
For the .NET side, I have found code samples for detecting the users Mac preferences and setting the thread cultures correctly. This works fine for localization in code via a ResourceManager. (Had to copy the resource satellite assemblies to the correct folder here due to a bug in Xamarin)
For the xib localization, I have yet to find any work solution other than changing the text via cSharp code and fetching each string from a resource manager. This doesn't seem manageable in larger applications. I am guessing that xCode localization should function for forms however I have not been successful there.
Steps taken for XCode
1) Go to project settings and enable additional languages (German)
2) After adding language, when prompted, select forms for localization inclusion. (This essentially copies the form into each languages lproj folder
3) Edit the German xib to contain some German text
4) Set .NET thread culture and ui culture
5) Set mac default language to German
Run the App... Nope, still in English.