How to upgrade Xamarin Indies subscription via Dreamspark account to use xamarin in visual studio?

Ali-AsadAli-Asad PKMember

Its been 3weeks in a row since i'm facing this problem. I don't know how to upgrade indie subscription via my student verified dreamspark account to use xamarin inside visual studio. please help me to resolve my issue. I'll be grateful to you!.

Here is the quote i copied it from my Dreamspark account!

DreamSpark students are invited to request a free Xamarin subscription, giving you everything you need to create fully native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows in C# or F# with Visual Studio. Once your subscription is activated, you’ll get be able to start building and publishing amazing, native mobile apps and games.

Answers

• Bumping this. Looking for the answer to this too, no one seems to have responded on the thread I created about it though.

• Ali-AsadAli-Asad PKMember

Please save our souls XAMARIN... HELP
    I've searched and tried many techniques but none of them useful.

• AndyDentAndyDent AUMember ✭✭

I'm finding this frustrating as well. There's a wealth of XAML stuff out there and a lot of activity around using Visual Studio for Xamarin Forms. I shelled out $600 for Xamarin and that was painful (startup) but leaping to $3,000 so I can use it in Visual Studio is beyond anything I can justify.

I have a full Bizspark membership acquired as a Founder Institute graduate (2014) and years of experience in Visual Studio which would make it a more productive environment for me than Xamarin Studio.

For the immediate future I've gone back to a pure native iOS version of the app to get an MVP out the door and hoping some stabilisation of the tools occurs or (dreaming) a pricing change makes it possible for me to use Visual Studio and XAML.

• AndyDentAndyDent AUMember ✭✭

I just realised I've been assuming Windows Phone was another platform (hence $3,000) but it's not an option you can select on the purchase page so have sent an enquiry directly to [email protected]

• JeremyHerbisonJeremyHerbison CAMember ✭✭

Windows Phone doesn't really need/use Xamarin, except for Xamarin.Forms. Which is free on that platform.

• DorazsoyDorazsoy TRMember

Anyone find a solution for this?

I wonder why xamarin and Microsoft didn't gave solution of this simple problem.

• EgeAydinEgeAydin TRMember
    edited May 2015

Yeah, it's making me crazy. When I see this first at Dreamspark I got really excited. However, still not being able to use it makes me sad. @AliAsad.3978 have you tried re-installing Xamarin to Visual Studio?

It didn't do it

Yes @EgeAydin I did tried to reinstall visual studio and xamarin too. But that didn't resolve my issue.
    I'm really frustrated now.
    Hope any one can help me with this.

edited May 2015

Why no one from Xamarin is answering this? This is really a big issue. @AliAsad.3978 also why this question is marked answered? Maybe that's why no one is looking here.

Yes it is very big issue. No one in community resolving this issue. Don't know why.
    I'm really disappointed.

• @AliAsad.3978 You should probably unmark the thread as answered, I'm thinking that everyone from the outside believes it to be solved, like @EgeAydin said.

edited May 2015

Thank you Xamarin. after weeks of research I've found solution how one can upgrade his/her Indie subscription to business edition for free if he/she has Dreamspark account.

You need to send an e-mail to ([email protected]) to ask for business edition for free if you have Dreamspark account.
    with in 2 - 3 days you'll get their reply, they'll ask proof of your student enrollment in your university.
    they'll ask following things.

• Current student ID card
    • Current enrollment schedule
    • Proof of enrollment letter

Once you provide these necessary documents to ([email protected]) then you'll get their reply within 2 - 3 days they'll give you a link which automatically upgrade your indie subscription to business edition for free.

Now I can write c# code to develop application for iOS/Android/Windows inside my favorite editor Visual Studio :)

Thank you so much, trying this now.