Alpha service release: XamarinVS 3.11.570, bug fixes for 3.11.445

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited May 2015 in Visual Studio

This thread has now been closed to direct all further updates about this service release onto the new Beta release thread:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/41662/beta-service-release-xamarinvs-bug-fixes-for-3-11-445/p1

For anyone who has been commenting on this thread, feel free to continue the conversation in that new thread.

Released versions:

Windows

Mac

Reason for release: Bug fixes for the 3.11.445 Stable Channel release on April 29.

Date published:

NOTE: Alpha versions have not yet completed the full suite of tests by the Xamarin QA team. That said, customer reports of any regressions (or bugs that are incorrectly marked "fixed") are still much appreciated, even if the problem would have eventually been caught during the full QA testing process.

Previous versions, downgrading

You can downgrade back to the current Stable version by switching updater channels.

You can downgrade back to the previous Stable versions (from before April 29) by manually reinstalling each old package (see also the article about downgrading). The links to the previous Stable versions are:

Windows

Mac

Guidelines for this thread

1. This first post will be updated regularly.

2. Hopefully this thread will help answer "what regressions have been fixed compared to the current Stable version?" and "what might break if I update to this release?"

3. If you find a new problem that is specific to this version, please file a bug report (if this link redirects to the top-level https://kb.xamarin.com/ page the first time you click it, try clicking it once more).

4. Please discuss older bugs that are unchanged in this release compared to the previous Stable version in Bugzilla instead.

5. Of course for questions and discussions about topics other than bugs, feel free start new forum threads.

Fixes for common old known issues from previous releases

Fixes for "new known issues" in the April 29 Stable Channel release

• Bug 29133 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] [Android] Visual Studio hangs when debugging some iOS and Android applications that use multiple threads.

• Bug 29628 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] Breakpoints in Portable Class Libraries do not work because the .mdb symbol files are not copied properly. Related warning in the "Output -> Debug" window: "Symbol file ... doesn't match image". Workaround: force the .mdb files to be copied properly: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29628#c7.

• Bug 29680 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] [Android] Ignorable "ERROR: Not implemented (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004001 (E_NOTIMPL))" message from the new Test Cloud integration. Partial workaround: uninstall the Test Cloud integration: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29680#c2.

• Bug 29220 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] [Android] "ERROR: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: project" when opening and building projects. So far, this problem appears to be related to specifics of the system configuration. If anyone happens to notice one particular difference between a working project and a failing project (or a computer without the problem and a computer with the problem), be sure to let us know right away. Partial workaround: uninstall the Test Cloud integration: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29680#c2.

• Bug 29839 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] "Native linking error: warning: directory not found" when linking a static library into an iOS app using ${ProjectDir} in the "Additional mtouch arguments". Workaround: Replace ${ProjectDir} with ${TargetDir}/../../../. See https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29839#c2 for an example.

• Bug 29568 - [Android] "No resource found that matches the given name", for AppCompat resources in the Android Support library.

• Non-public bug 29866 - [Android] Windows only: "System.InvalidOperationException: Can't not find the nested type" when building with the linker enabled.

• Non-public Bug 29172 - [Android] "'...Resource' does not contain a definition for `Id'" (for example, when using the Scandit component).

• Bug 29730 - [Android] Event handlers subscribed to (some?) events that are bound to Java callbacks no longer work (for example ViewTreeObserver.GlobalLayout). Workaround: use the corresponding "Add/Remove...Listener" methods instead: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29730#c2.

• Bug 29570 - [Android] Greater-than and less-than comparisons of decimal numbers do not work correctly.

• Bug 28918 - [iOS] "Unexpected error ... Failed to resolve System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermissionFlag". Workaround: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28918#c21.

• Bug 29263 - [Android] Classes that are referenced by files in the "Resources/xml/" folder will currently all need [Register] attributes, even if the "XML element name" syntax is used.

• Non-public Bug 29170 - [Android] Profiling via log:sample causes the app to crash at startup.

• Bug 29822 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] Setting "Build" number different from "Version" number causes IPA not to be copied to Windows, resulting in 0 KB .ipa file.

• Bug 29703 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] "Show IPA File In Build Server" fails if "Build" number is different from "Version" number.

• Non-public Bug 28557 - [Android] In certain cases breakpoints will only pause program execution the first time they are hit.

• Bug 29039 - [Mono] CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo("ar-SA").DateTimeFormat throws a NullReferenceException for the ar-SA culture.

• Bug 28210 - [XamarinVS] [Android] New projects created from templates show ignorable build warning: "@(Content) build action is not supported ... AndroidManifest.xml". Workaround: change the build action of "AndroidManifest.xml" to "none".

Remaining known issues from the April 29 Stable Channel release, with more common or severe issues near the top

(This list should get smaller as new Alpha builds are published over the coming week.)

• Bug 28961 - [iOS] "error MT3001: Could not AOT the assembly", "error: invalid symbol redefinition". (This can also appear as "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex > this.length" in the "Output -> Xamarin Log" in VS.) One common cause of this error is the use of [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)]. Workaround for projects that use [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)]: remove [MethodImplAttribute(MethodImplOptions.Synchronized)] and manually synchronize the methods using lock statements instead (https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28961#c6).

• Bug 29326 - [Android] String resources defined in NuGet packages overwrite string resources defined in app project, causing the displayed app name to be incorrect for example. Workaround: avoid using the same string key that is used in the NuGet packages.

• Bug 29211 - [iOS] Enabling linker with Profile 7 PCL that uses System.IO.Compression causes "Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression'" at run time. Workaround: add -linkskip=System.IO.Compression under "project options -> iOS Build -> Additional mtouch arguments".

• Bug 29745 - [iOS] Error due to duplicate symbols during native compilation for device: "duplicate symbol _monoeg_g_array_new" (and many similar messages). Workarounds: disable profiling under "Project Properties -> iOS Build", or if your app uses the -all_load linker flag (via either gcc_flags or LinkerFlags) try removing it.

• Non-public Bug 29538 - [Android] Profiling via the graphical Xamarin Profiler ("Run -> Start Profiling") causes the app to crash at startup.

• Bug 29849 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] The "Visual C# -> Mobile Apps -> Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable)" template includes an iOS project that has a non-empty value for the <CodesignEntitlements> property for the iPhoneSimulator configurations, meaning that the iPhoneSimulator configuration will attempt to perform code signing. This is inconsistent with the other templates and also with the corresponding Xamarin Studio template on Mac. Workaround: open the .csproj file in a text editor and delete the <CodesignEntitlements> property from all of the iPhoneSimulator configurations.

• Non-public Bug 28995 - [Android] On certain devices apps crash rarely due to "System.ExecutionEngineException: SIGILL".

• Bug 29731 - [Android] Android.Bluetooth.BluetoothAdapter.Enable is incorrectly marked as [Obsolete("deprecated")] for API level 20 and higher.

New known issues compared to 3.11.445

• Bug 28027 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] The debugger sometimes fails to connect properly after the app launches. This means breakpoints will not be hit, and pressing the "stop debugging" button will cause VS to pause for about 2 minutes before showing an error message (you can cancel that 2 minute pause if you manually quit the app on device). This problem has existed since at least XamarinVS 3.9.483, but has apparently gotten worse for several users in this new Alpha version. To make a reasonable guess, the problem might be caused by a race condition. Based on that guess, the new Alpha version might have changed some timings and increased the probability of hitting the issue on a wider range of system configurations. The XamarinVS team is investigating.

• Bug 29897 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] Breakpoints sometimes don't work when debugging on iOS device. Based on the observed behavior of this problem, it appears to have the same underlying cause as Bug 28027.

EDIT May 07: Add XamarinVS bug 29822 and XamarinVS bug 29703.
EDIT May 07: Remove Xamarin.iOS non-public bug 29764 because it is not really a regression.
EDIT May 07: Add XamarinVS bug 29839.
EDIT May 08: Update version numbers for new Alpha builds. Move more bugs to the "Fixes" section accordingly. (29628 29680 29220 29568 29172 29730 29703)
EDIT May 08: Add Android bug 29538. Adjust Android bug 29170 description accordingly.
EDIT May 08: Add iOS bug 29745 with workarounds.
EDIT May 09: Add Alpha-only Android bug 29866.
EDIT May 11: Add XamarinVS.iOS bug 29849 with workaround.
EDIT May 13: Add Xamarin.iOS bug 28961.
EDIT May 13: Update version numbers for new Alpha builds. Move more bugs to the "Fixes" section accordingly. (29839 29866 29570)
EDIT May 13: Add "Xamarin Log" error message for 28961.
EDIT May 14: Update version numbers. iTunesMetadata.plist is now removed automatically from App Store builds.
EDIT May 15: Mention that XamarinVS.iOS bug 28027 is more common on Alpha.
EDIT May 19: Close this Alpha thread and a link to the new Beta thread.

• deckertron9000deckertron9000 USUniversity ✭✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski

Non-public Bug 29170 - [Android] Profiling via log:sample or via the graphical Xamarin Profiler causes the app to crash at startup.

I'm still facing this issue after moving to the Alpha channel.

Xamarin: 3.11.507.0
    Xamarin.Android: 5.1.0.127

I'm unsure if this is exactly the same issue or something different due to the privacy. Is there a reason it's classified as private?

• I_am_a_duckI_am_a_duck GBUniversity ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Thanks for the quick update, @BrendanZagaeski .

I see from the lists above that Bug 29568 ([Android] "No resource found that matches the given name") isn't fixed yet, and I've also noticed that the 3.11.445 update is having trouble with overriding resources inherited from libraries in general**, not just from AppCompat. Is this part of the same problem, or is there another bug to do with library resource overriding that needs fixing?

Thanks again,
    Philip

** If an app has style resources of the same name as those defined in a library (in order to override them) they seem to be ignored. Previous builds work the same as Android Studio in Java land in this respect; it's only the 3.11.445 update that broke library resources.

3.11.507 has the same problem with resource overrides, too.

• StevenTsangStevenTsang GBMember
    edited May 2015

@BrendanZagaeski

I have upated to the alpha and notice that it has stopped compiling the asset catalog for my iOS project in visual studio and any assets that are within doesn't get moved into the App bundle and when starting up it causes the App to crash.

Update

I have been browsing the build host build folder and found within the actool build folder I found the asset-manifest.plist and within it had the following error message:

description - Failed to read file attributes for "/Users/steventsang/Library/Caches/Resources/Images.xcassets"
    reason - No such file or directory

The folder should of been "/Users/steventsang/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/"projectname"/"guid"/Resources/Images.xcassets"

Update2

As a workaround I have placed the asset catalog file that contains the images into the directory the actool is looking to compile the asset catalog and seems to be working for now.

• StevenTsangStevenTsang GBMember

Update3

I think I have fix the problem by running clean build on VS and deleting the build host folder on the mac and it seems to be working fine now. I will continue to monitor and update if I have any further issues.

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

I've been using the alpha version whilst doing a couple of XamU classes and Android seems to be working fine. Not pushed it hard, but for a forms class and a 'droid class I've had no issues at all with Android.

There seems to be a regression with iOS that you have to set the bundle and provisioning profile for a simulator build. @BrendanZagaeski - Is there a bug raised already for this? if not, I'll raise one.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@JimBennett, that sounds like it might be a side-effect of the new, more strictly correct behavior related to entitlements: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/39674/iphonesimulator-build-results-in-no-valid-ios-code-signing-keys-found-in-keychain/p1.

If you manually clear the <CodesignEntitlements> property in the .csproj file for the iPhoneSimulator configuration (assuming that element is present in that configuration), are you able to build without setting the bundle and provisioning profile?

@I_am_a_duck, I the fix for Bug 29568 should indeed help with resource references for many libraries, not just the AppCompat library.

The new build just published today (3.11.546) now includes the fix for Bug 29568, so feel free to test that out and verify that it does indeed solve the problem in your projects. Thanks for the report!

edited May 2015

Non-public Bug 29170 - [Android] Profiling via log:sample or via the graphical Xamarin Profiler causes the app to crash at startup.

I'm still facing this issue after moving to the Alpha channel.

@deckertron9000, as it turns out, there is a second bug that is specific to the graphical Xamarin Profiler. If by chance you are using the graphical Xamarin Profiler, then that second bug is most likely the cause of the problem. I have just added that second bug to the list in the first post in the thread to make the status publicly visible:

Non-public Bug 29538 - [Android] Profiling via the graphical Xamarin Profiler ("Run -> Start Profiling") causes the app to crash at startup.

Is there a reason it's classified as private?

There's not really any "serious" reason for either the original bug or this second bug. I think the rough explanation is just that they were filed by the QA team, and the QA team files private bugs by default because most of the time those bugs get fixed before they are released. In these particular cases it could have been helpful to keep the bugs public since they did end up in a release. I will discuss with some of the folks here about how bugs are marked and sorted during releases. So hopefully user-facing regressions will become a bit easier to track in the near future.

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski Sorry - had a busy weekend, will try tonight. It was on a brand new project created in XS - so whilst I agree that not letting it be set for the simulator is a good thing the projects defaults should make sure it's blanked out. Is there a bug raised already for this, or shall I raise one?

• deckertron9000deckertron9000 USUniversity ✭✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski Thanks, I was indeed using the graphical profiler. It's nice to have some insight on the way bugs are handled. I agree that in some cases it would be useful to have more transparency on some of these bugs, but I understand the usefulness of not having every bug public facing all the time, especially if it's going to be fixed in the next release.

Thanks as well for your activity in the forums. It's nice to be able to interface with the Xamarin team like this and know that our issues are being addressed.

projects defaults should make sure [the <CodesignEntitlements> property] is blanked out

@JimBennett, good point. After a little bit of experimentation and searching, I found that there is currently one bug filed for that issue here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29849. I will add that bug to the list of known issues for both Stable and Alpha.

Bug 29849 indicates that the problem is specific to Xamarin.iOS projects within the Xamarin.Forms templates. If you've noticed it in any of the other templates, that would indeed make an excellent additional bug report.

• BCTBCT NLMember

I am experiencing bug 29133 too. But not only on the XAP, on my physical Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 too!
    This is really annoying. When will the fix for this bug be released to stable?

@BCT, May 20th is the tentative Stable Channel release date for the service release that is currently in Alpha. That date might need to be pushed later to allow more time for fixes if QA determines that the release candidates for the service release contain one or more bugs that are worse than the regressions in the current Stable Channel.

• BCTBCT NLMember

@BrendanZagaeski Ok, thanks for the information. Will try to install the Alpha release then!

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

Breakpoints still not triggering in Android in the latest Alpha release for existing projects. it works for new blank template projects.

Surely there has to be a workaround?

edited May 2015

It seems the most common cause of failed breakpoints on the new Alpha versions is a different problem than the issue on the Stable Channel where XamarinVS was failing to copy .mdb files for PCL projects.

The new problem seems to be that Bug 28027 has become more common on the Alpha channel. The issue is under investigation. I have updated the first post in the thread with a few additional details.

• PhilipGruebelePhilipGruebele USMember ✭✭

I have been seeing this problem with recent builds under Android: Sometimes I update XAML files and run the app but it does not appear to have been updated.

Anyone else seeing something like this? I can't find a related bug report.

• TrevorChadwick.8191TrevorChadwick.8191 USMember ✭✭

For those running into breakpoints not being hit issues, one thing that helped me was to Delete the .vs folder, .sln.ide folder, manually clear out the bin and obj folders for each project and delete all the .user files. Hope this helps someone.

• I_am_a_duckI_am_a_duck GBUniversity ✭✭

Hi @BrendanZagaeski,

The fix for Bug 29568 did indeed resolve my library resource override issue. However, I have found another apparent regression in all builds of 3.11 I've tried (445/6, 558 and 570). The simplest example code I have is:

var stackBuilder = TaskStackBuilder.Create (this); stackBuilder.AddParentStack (Class.FromType (mActivityType)); // (mActivityType is a System.Type of any Activity-based class)

The above works in 3.9 as expected: Class.FromType() returns a Java.Lang.Class instance which AddParentStack() happily accepts.

However, in all 3.11 builds, the call to AddParentStack() throws an exception:
    android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: ComponentInfo{...

The activity in question is correctly defined in the app manifest (otherwise the above wouldn't work in 3.9 either), so this is definitely a change of behaviour introduced in 3.11.

Interestingly, the Java.Lang.Class returned by Class.FromType() in 3.9 has a clear text namespace prefix in its name property, e.g. Name: "example.app.namespace.ExampleClass" as viewed in the debugger, but in 3.11 it has a mangled namespace prefix, e.g. Name: "md5e6e383b03eea42faa32711371720f95e.ExampleClass".

Is this perhaps a new feature of 3.11 that I've missed? Sorry if this is a known issue but I couldn't find any reference to this error in Bugzilla.

HTH,
    Philip

edited May 2015

@I_am_a_duck, no worries. The change you're seeing in the name returned by Class.FromType() is indeed due to an intentional modification in the "name mangling scheme for Android Callable Wrappers" introduced in Xamarin.Android 5.1 to solve some tricky bugs (Bug 15205, Bug 16826, Bug 21147). See also the corresponding section of the release notes.

But your particular example looks like it might be an edge case where something goes wrong with this new name mangling.

For comparison, the "Notifications" sample from the "xamarin/mobile-samples" repository uses AddParentStack() and Class.FromType() in a very similar way:

stackBuilder.AddParentStack (Class.FromType (typeof(SecondActivity)));

And that sample runs correctly for me on Xamarin.Android 5.1.2 (and XamarinVS 3.11.570).

Next steps

Since the "Notifications" sample behaves correctly, the question becomes "what is unique about your app compared to that sample?"

1. Perhaps the mActivityType in your app is from a Xamarin.Android library project that was built against an older version of Xamarin.Android? I haven't had a chance to try that scenario specifically, so there's a chance something behaves unexpectedly in that case.

2. Maybe the mActivityType in your app is a native Java class that is bound to C# using a Xamarin.Android Java binding project? I haven't had a chance to try that either.

3. Maybe the exact classes and names in your app expose a bug in the new name mangling scheme that is unrelated to #1 or #2.

If you get a chance, the most direct way forward would probably be to zip up and attach a self-contained, minimal test case that demonstrates the problem on a new bug report. See the bug filing KB article for some additional hints and tips about filing a bug report and minimizing the test case. (If the link to the KB article redirects to the top-level kb.xamarin.com/ page the first time you click it, try clicking it once more.) You can paste a link to the bug report back in this thread once it's ready. Thanks!

• RaphaelSchindlerRaphaelSchindler USMember ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

I updated to XamarinVS 3.11.570 and now I can't get my app get to work on iPhoneSimulator.

When I look in the cache folder on my Mac I can see System.Threading.Task got copied onto the Mac.
    With the stable XamarinVS I didn't had this problem.

It seems that I have 2 options right now: First is to use the stable release and live with hanging VS 80% of the time or use Alpha release and can't test the iOS version.

And btw: XamarinVS still blocks PCL's that have changed. I always have to close VS and delete bin and obj when I change something in our WebService PCL.

I'll post the exception stack trace here:

2015-05-19 07:59:15.331 mCRMiOS[2751:57977] Unhandled managed exception:
    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Threading.Tasks' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (System.IO.FileNotFoundException)
      at System.AppDomain.Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity) [0x00081] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/AppDomain.cs:706 
      at System.AppDomain.Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System/AppDomain.cs:674 
      at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:551 
      at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.CollectReferencedAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 assemblies, System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00019] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b
    39367de/source/maccore/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:218 
      at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.CollectReferencedAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 assemblies, System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x0002c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/maccore/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:220 
      at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.CollectReferencedAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 assemblies, System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x0002c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/maccore/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:220 
      at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.RegisterEntryAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly entry_assembly) [0x0001b] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/maccore/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:200 
      at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.RegisterEntryAssembly (IntPtr a) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/maccore/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:158 
      at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.register_entry_assembly (IntPtr assembly) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1503/b39367de/source/maccore/runtime/Del
    egates.generated.cs:118 
      at (wrapper native-to-managed) ObjCRuntime.Runtime:register_entry_assembly (intptr)

@RaphaelSchindler, that is a variation on the following issue from the first post in the thread:

Bug 29211 - [iOS] Enabling linker with Profile 7 PCL that uses System.IO.Compression causes "Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression'" at run time. Workaround: add -linkskip=System.IO.Compression under "project options -> iOS Build -> Additional mtouch arguments".

I should in fact update this text to be more general. The problem can happen with several different assemblies when they are used via PCLs. I will take care of that update shortly.

In the particular case of System.Threading.Tasks, you would add the following under "Additional mtouch arguments" as a workaround:

-linkskip=System.Threading.Tasks

(http://stackoverflow.com/a/30059876/2561894)

edited May 2015

I am now closing this thread to direct all further updates about this release onto the new Beta release thread:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/41662/beta-service-release-xamarinvs-bug-fixes-for-3-11-445/p1

For anyone who has been commenting on this thread, feel free to continue the conversation in that new thread.

• TrevorChadwick.8191TrevorChadwick.8191 USMember ✭✭

It appears that the android searchbar breaks in the latest release with the following:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method 'SearchView.get_InputType' not found.
    05-20 02:22:50.694 I/MonoDroid( 776): at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.VisualElementRenderer1<Xamarin.Forms.SearchBar>.SetElement (Xamarin.Forms.SearchBar) <0x007fb> 05-20 02:22:50.704 I/MonoDroid( 776): at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.VisualElementRenderer1<Xamarin.Forms.SearchBar>.Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.IVisualElementRenderer.SetElement (Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement) <0x0012b>

This discussion has been closed.