Can a Packaging Project Target Mac OS X?

exvanceexvance USMember

I'm trying to create an installer for OS X. I added a "Packaging Project" to my solution. When I look at the "Target platform" the only options I see are Linux and Microsoft Windows. Can it not target OS X? Do I select Linux?

Also, I need to be able to customize my installer a bit (i.e. check for the existence of Mono and if not installed install it) but it doesn't seem like the "Packaging Project" would allow such things. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

EV

• exvanceexvance USMember

Looking at this page: http://www.mono-project.com/MonoMacPackager

I see the following quotes:

"If you want to create self-contained Mac bundles or publish your software to the Mac AppStore, you should get Xamarin.Mac which is a strict superset of MonoMac."

"But sometimes you want to distribute your application without requiring end users to install Mono on their own, distribute your app on the Mac App Store, or you might want to take a dependency on a particular version of Mono that you have tested and QAed on site. For those scenarios, you should obtain a license to Xamarin.Mac."

I have Xamarin.Mac....how do I do this?
    I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

EV

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

You need to create a Mac project and then go into the Project Options to specify whether you want to include the Mono runtime or not.

Hope that helps.

• exvanceexvance USMember

Are you talking about a Mac project like C# or a Packaging project (in the "Other" section)?
    Also, is it intelligent enough to recognize if Mono is already installed?

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

I mean a Mac C# project.

Mac installers are basically just zip files of the app bundle and don't have any install wizards or that type of thing that would try to detect if the user had Mono installed somewhere or not.