Withdrawal of support for API12 in the latest update

I use Xamarin with Visual Studio 2012.
I have a very large and complex application which was built to target Android API 12 and which performs correctly.

In the latest Xamarin update support for API 12 target has been dropped, and when built for an API 15 target the entire user interface of my code behaves differently when screen re-orientation occurs.

For example, take the case of a simple app with one button on the main layout. Tapping this button produces an AlertDialog with a checkbox in it.
If you build this targetting API 12 and test the resulting app, tapping the button displays the AlertDialog. If you move the device to change the screen orientation the AlertDialog still shows, and the checkbox state before the screen orientation is preserved.
If you build the same app but targetting API 15 then the AlertDialog disappears every time you change screen orientation.

Not having API12 available as a target means I will have to substantially re-code my app, can API 12 support be re-introduced?

Answers

• RichardAmyRichardAmy GBMember

What is going on!
    Using the recent Xamarin 3.9.547.0 (Xamarin.Android 4.2.0.2.1) with Visual Studio 2010 I could target Apps for API 4, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21.

Now I've applied the latest Xamarin update 3.11.445.0 (Xamarin.Android 5.1.0.115) I can only target API 10, 15, 17, 18 and 19.

The loss of API 12 is bad news, as it is essential for my work, also I can no longer target Lollipop. In what way is this update an improvement?

Are you likely to remove API 10 support in the next update?