Can't Archive or publish to appstore after going to 5.9

NicWiseNicWise NZMember, Insider, Beta mod

This is a project which has worked fine before.

If I archive, I see it in the list, I can generate an IPA, but the App Uploader will not accept it - "No Info.plist"

If I look in xcode (where I normally upload from, and would prefer to continue to upload from), it shows as a Mac archive. Can't upload, as it's the wrong time.

Is archive/publishing working for anyone? What did I miss?

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey Nic,

Anything special about the project (does it have an Extension or something, is it Watch Kit)? I can successfully Archive this in Xamarin Studio and view/validate/Submit it from within Xcode. That was just a quick smoke test I did ~ will test more in XS later.

Which Xcode are you using (6.2, 6.3, 6.4 beta)? FYI I'm on 6.3.1.

• NicWiseNicWise NZMember, Insider, Beta mod

Ah yes. It has a Today Extension.

Just installing 6.3.1 - I'm on 6.3 at the moment. Thanks @CraigDunn

WatchKit starts once this one is uploaded and out. And my watch shows up

• MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

After I created the archive in Xamarin Studio, I switched to Xcode and it's listed under Other Apps rather than iOS Apps. It shows the type as iOS App Archive and validates OK though

I have a clue (still waiting for 6.3.1 to install): I have a console app in the project, too. That might be why it's showing up as a Mac app. Going to remove that and see what happens. It's just a database generator, so no need for it in the project really

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Interestingly, I tried a Today Extension project too and I see the same as Mike ~ it's under "Other apps", but the Type is still iOS.

The watch kit apps are "Other Apps" too, so I wonder if that's because they all have Extensions?

Let us know how it goes with 6.3.1...

Mine says Mac app :( Even after removing the console app from the project.

Right then. I've tried changing the Info.plist in the xcarchive - it changes other details, but not the type. Not sure what it DOES to detect it's a Mac app vrs an iOS app...

GAH! So I:

• Rebooted
    • Clean
    • Rebuild
    • Delete all the old archives

And now it works. WTH. But I'll take it.