Xamarin Studio 5.9 seems to broke StyleCop.MSBuild

I have a PCL project that has StyleCop.MSBuild installed via NuGet. Before the upgrade to Studio 5.9, it builds fine. Not anymore with 5.9

I get the following:

Task "StyleCopTask"
error : Error initializing task StyleCopTask: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
Error initializing task StyleCopTask: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExportedTypes () [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskDatabase.RegisterTask (System.String classname, Mono.XBuild.Framework.AssemblyLoadInfo assemblyLoadInfo) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.UsingTask.Load (Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskDatabase db) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskDatabase.GetTypeFromClassName (System.String classname) [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.BuildTask.get_Type () [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.BuildTask.InitializeTask () [0x00000] in :0
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.BuildTask.Execute () [0x00000] in :0

Did Studio 5.9 upgrade a new version of xbuild?

Tagged:

• keannan5390keannan5390 USMember

I'm running into this same issue.

• AmitSharma.4177AmitSharma.4177 USMember, University

Any luck finding workaround for this issue besides rolling back to older Xamarin version?

• JimmyHutsonJimmyHutson USMember

I don't think this is specific to Xamarin Studio 5.9. I see the same problem with XS 5.8.1, but with an up-to-date Xamarin.iOS:

Xamarin Studio
    Version 5.8.1 (build 8)
    Runtime:
    Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/d136b79)
    GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

Package version: 400000143

Xamarin.iOS
    Version: 8.10.0.267 (Business Edition)
    Hash: 6481535
    Branch: master
    Build date: 2015-04-27 04:38:13-0400

Operating System
    Mac OS X 10.10.2

• travisntravisn USMember

I see the stylecop error as well. Upgrading to mono 4.0 was the kicker. This is blocking us from upgrading to mono 4.0.

• MirMajeed.1120MirMajeed.1120 USMember, University

I am also facing same issue with Xamarin Studio 5.8.2.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

The problem is either Mono 4.0 or Xamarin.iOS 8.10, it's not a Xamarin Studio issue.

• edorphyedorphy USMember ✭✭

@jstedfast Anyone at Xamarin report this to the MonoDevelop site or flag as an issue on GitHub?

• jgalanakisjgalanakis USMember

Same issue here, any updates?

Yes, a bug has been submitted here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28755

• JimBordenJimBorden USMember ✭✭

@jstedfast Is there a public-facing bug that we can track?

• jogibear9988jogibear9988 USMember

Any news to this ? I tried to access the Bug, but I'm not possible to view it...

When I linked the bug report, I didn't realize it was marked private by the customer that reported it. There's no public facing bug report, that's it.

• jogibear9988jogibear9988 USMember

When you can view the Bug, are there any news when or if it's fixed?

• KenYeeKenYee USMember ✭✭

This is more important to fix now that StyleCop via plugin (not the msbuild one) squawks about C# 6.0 stuff :-(

• StevenMoyStevenMoy USMember

I hate to dig up an old thread, but I still the see the issue with all the latest stable xamarin studio and PCL 4.5... How are others enforce code style via MSBuild if the this bug still exists?