Difficulties adding Nuget Packages to my android project

AlonAvivAlonAviv USMember ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Visual Studio

Hi there, I'm trying to add a Nuget package to my project called "32feet.Net". The problem is that the Xamarin Studio can't install any package and I get the error:
"Could not install package '32feet.NET 3.5.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v5.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."
Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Looking at the 32feet.NET NuGet package it only supports .NET and .NET Compact Framework. So you will not be able to install it into an Android project unfortunately. It will be using APIs that are not available on Android.

There is a separate 32feet NuGet package for Windows Phone but not for Android.

• AlonAvivAlonAviv USMember ✭✭

I read the documentation. It says: "For use: android 2.3 or higher device" and also " Xamarin Mono for Android" (under developments). I don't think that this is the problem. Thanks for replying though, will be glad to hear if you have any other idea.