updated to new xamarin.android but get apt0000 error on styles.xml?

HalukmyHalukmy TRMember ✭✭

anybody had a error like on attachment?

• ThiagoMancilhaThiagoMancilha BRMember

I give a similar error but in Strings.xml. I updated to new Xamarin Today.

How to Fix this?

• AndrewNemtsevAndrewNemtsev USMember

Looks like some kind of "strict" resource compilation mode is turned on by default.
    I had the same issue.
    To eliminate errors you have to remove duplicated identifiers from Strings.xml and other resource files.

• SantiagoCabreraSantiagoCabrera ARMember ✭✭

I'm having same issue on String.xml resources.

/Users/santiagocabrera/Projects/TiendaNubeApp/TiendaNubeDroid/Resources/values/Strings.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: Resource entry properties is already defined. (APT0000) (TiendaNubeDroid)
    /Users/santiagocabrera/Projects/TiendaNubeApp/TiendaNubeDroid/Resources/values-es/Strings.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: Resource entry properties is already defined. (APT0000) (TiendaNubeDroid)

• Same error here. Any solution?

• HarshvardhanBhatnagarHarshvardhanBhatnagar INMember
    edited January 2016

I am also facing the same error on styles.xml file.
    Did anyone succeeded in getting past the error .?

• YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016

@HarshvardhanBhatnagar,

Delete output paths ( /bin , /obj ).

** Clean ** and ** Rebuild ** your project.

• @YkshLeo
    Just tried it but still getting the same error.

• HalukmyHalukmy TRMember ✭✭

i resolved that,

just go to /users/yourUserName/.local/share folder, delete these folders

after that just press build

it will take a while by your internet speed,

it will sync and download whole google apis also sdks

and before doing these steps dont forget to clean your project and delete bin and org folders

• Hey @Halukmy
    M unable to find .local folder in my pc I even saw in hidden folders .
    Can u pls tell where it is although there is a .android folder there . M using win 10 if that makes any difference .
    Thanks

• BietBiet BYMember

Just tried it but

Error APT0000: No resource identifier found for attribute 'adSize' in package 'AdsApp' (APT0000) (AdsApp)
    Error APT0000: No resource identifier found for attribute 'adUnitId' in package 'AdsApp' (APT0000) (AdsApp)
    ads:adSize="BANNER"
    ads:adUnitId="@string/Banner_Ads" />

• I have deleted the /bin and /obj directories, and emptied .local/share. Still having the issue. Any more suggestions?

• tengo el mismo problema.. alguna solución?

• ValyallahAyobiValyallahAyobi USMember
    edited August 21

@WilliamWhite.8701 said:
    I have deleted the /bin and /obj directories, and emptied .local/share. Still having the issue. Any more suggestions?

I faced these errors before and I tried to uninstall all google.service nuget packages and update xamarin.forms (project, android,IOS) after that cleaned up the project and rebuild it . it worked for me.

valyallah ayobi

• requenaxiirequenaxii USMember

Hi guys,

Im sorry, I know that is an old thread, but I'm getting the same error. I'm now stuck here and I tried all you said.

Any other idea?

• wilmerjwilmerj COMember

Done building project "Libreta_xamarin.Droid.csproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Resources/values/styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(3): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(4): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(4): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'.
    Resources/values/styles.xml(4): error APT0000: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'.
    0 Warning(s)
    9 Error(s)

I have this problem with my proyect

• SRINATHNANDURISRINATHNANDURI USUniversity

You need to download the latest Android SDK Manager ... It fixed my problem .