Camera Overlay - Xamarin Forms

Hello,

i've been working on the sample provided by XLabs to work with the camera ( https://github.com/XLabs/Xamarin-Forms-Labs/wiki/Camera ) and its working ok (only if target API = 21) .

I wanted to know if its possible to Overlay the camera menu, the purpose is to add a rectangule to the screen. I know how to do it in Objective-C , but how would I implement it on Xamarin ? (for android and iOS)

Thanks in advance !

Answers

• JooAlmeida.9370JooAlmeida.9370 PTMember

I dont know if I explained correctly what I wanted or it is just lack of information.. What I want to do is something like this:

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

• hni878hni878 USMember ✭✭

I'm also interested in do something like this, does anybody have any tip? I'm using Media Plugin to take pictures.

• JooAlmeida.9370JooAlmeida.9370 PTMember

Im now using Media Plugin instead of the Xlabs example.

Would be really nice if anyone already did implement something similar to what I want here could give me some light how to do it...

Thanks in advance

• JonathanZunigaJonathanZuniga USMember ✭✭

I'm also interested in how to solve this challenge. :)

• Emixam23Emixam23 USMember ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've been searching for so long, but I can't find the way to achieve it.. Did you find any solution?

Max

• FalkFalk USMember ✭✭

So I do...

• pandu524pandu524 INMember

HI,
    I am trying to add an overlay on camera using Camera Renderer
    Whole view which will show the camera overlay on top of the view i am adding subviews (button, view etc)... It is working fine in Android but not in iOS... Can any one faced the same issue please comment here.

Thanks in Advance.

• FullEnglishFullEnglish GBMember ✭✭

I've just started looking at this as well....

Any progress anyone?