Android.Content.Res.Resources+NotFoundException: Resource ID #0xff303030

Buddy.0568Buddy.0568 GBMember ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Xamarin.Forms

I created an empty POL Xamarin Forms project and added the following in the App constructor

var TabbedPages = new TabbedPage { Title = "Test App" };
        MainPage = new NavigationPage(TabbedPages);

Then in the LoadApplication(new App()); line I get the following exception

Android.Content.Res.Resources+NotFoundException: Resource ID #0xff303030

I've attached my test project, please run within Visual Studio and enable the check box 'thrown' for Exception 'Common Language Runtime Exceptions' in the Debug->Exceptions dialog.

Please note I also get the error when I do the following which means the issue is with the NavigationPage.

MainPage = new NavigationPage(new ContentPage());

When I do the following, then it works.
MainPage = new ContentPage();

Also reproduced the error with the Forms2Native sample project.

• Buddy.0568Buddy.0568 GBMember ✭✭

Added to the bug tracker system https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29267

• Javier.5891Javier.5891 USMember

I have a similar issue but with other id on Android.Content.Res.Resources+NotFoundException: Resource ID #0xffeeeeee

It happens on this call await Navigation.PushAsync(_detailPage, true);

Do you have any work around?

• AnthonyRamirezAnthonyRamirez USUniversity ✭✭✭

+1 using Xamarin Android Player running Nexus 4 Lollipop

• Javier.5891Javier.5891 USMember

Any news about this?

• EricMaupinEricMaupin USXamarin Team Xamurai

I've attached my test project, please run within Visual Studio and enable the check box 'thrown' for Exception 'Common Language Runtime Exceptions' in the Debug->Exceptions dialog.

This is just a first-chance exception, just hit continue, it won't crash your app and is nothing to worry about.

Hi @ermau!

Thanks for the reply. I do not think the issue is whether it will cause an issue, but rather that it can make debugging with CLR exceptions enabled very cumbersome.

Should the framework be generating known exceptions in this fashion, even if they do not bubble up to our code?

Thanks

• RezaMousaviRezaMousavi GBMember

@AnthonyRamirez - is it possibly related to this bug (apparently resolved in 6.0.0.515) what version are you on? Although by the looks of it, thats only on Xamarin Studio.
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9615

This one also has a similar issue (you will need to read further down for it become more obvious that its related).
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19608

I have not had a chance to test it myself yet.

Thanks for the reply @RezaMousavi

I see your post, and I have experienced the same issue, however, if I am reading it correctly that will only happen with web requests to HTTPS. Maybe I am wrong.

The issue above, occurs when navigating to any page in X.Forms

I'm using VS 2013 and my version of
    Xamarin.Android
    Version: 5.1.4 (Business Edition)
    Xamarin Android Player
    Version: 0.3.7.2

No I think you are reading it right. That is what was reported but I have seen it happen in other places too.

Sounds like it is anywhere that Xamarin internally throws an exception and catches it.

Try untickting all "Thrown" exceptions from the DEBUG > Exceptions window, do you still get the same issue?

ok cool.

When I untick the box, no error occurs.

However, I find that ticking the box can allow me to track down bugs easier. Otherwise they just go to the Unhandled Exception block and I lose all of the local variables.

Completely agree. It will be a lot more useful when this issue is fixed.

Maybe worth bumping the bug reports or creating a new one if you don't think its exactly the same.

Good idea. I just updated the bug post

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29267