Device Windows 8

Hi,
is there a problem with devices on Windows 8? My Nexus S is detected on Win 7. On Win 8 detected as USB Device, but Mono Android don't detected it as a device...

Peter

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth CAXamarin Team Xamurai

I had this sample problem when I upgraded to Windows 8 - my Galaxy Nexus wasn't being recognized. There is a thread over at XDA-Developers on this. Here's what I did:

1. Download the USB drivers.
    2. Reboot the computer. This isn’t your usual reboot. You’ll need to access the Windows 8 Boot Loader and Advanced Boot Options. Go to a command prompt and reboot using shutdown.exe /r /o. You will want to change the driver signing settings to allow unsigned or unverified driver installation.
    3. Once you allow unsigned/unverified drivers to be installed, you can reboot into Windows 8 and connect your Galaxy Nexus.
    4. Run devmgmt.msc. You’ll see that your Galaxy Nexus has the yellow triangle over it. Install the drivers you download in step #1 (it’s a self extracting EXE).

Notice that your device might require different drivers - for that you'll have to consult the vendor.

• Hi Tom,
    thank's for your answer. I fixed it.

Peter