"Invalid WatchKit Support"

I get Invalid binary when i upload my build. The email says "Invalid WatchKit Support" . I am using Xcode 6.2 and the latest Alpha build from Xamarin (also tried beta and stable ).

Tagged:

• I experiencing the same issue with XS 5.9 (Alpha Build)
    In Beta Mode with XS 5.8 i can't upload a binary to iTunes Connect because of a icon bug.

• PedroFernandesPedroFernandes PTMember ✭✭

I have this bug too...

@jstedfast please comeback.

• jeroenvandenBeltjeroenvandenBelt DEMember ✭✭

So currently we are not able to submit Watch apps build with Xamarin. I also tried uploading with Xcode, but still same problem occurs

Same, xamarin fix this asap

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

All,

Could you please file a bug report at Bugzilla. That's the best way to get issues noticed and fixed fast.

Thanks,

Kevin

xCode 6.3 with ios 8.3 just released.

I'm not in my work place can anyone try it?

Still not working with latest xCode release. seems to be a Xamarin Studio bug.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks for filing the bug! I'll copy-and-paste a recent update from the bug report to help surface the information here too.

Workaround

Our watchkit deployment doc has the details for the workaround for this bug (until it is fixed):

http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/watch/deployment/appstore/

You must:

• use the Beta channel (as at 8-Apr-13)
    • create an Archive in Xamarin Studio
    • switch to Xcode's archive window to Submit

If anyone finds additional app store submission issues that are not addressed by the latest Beta channel update and are not yet mentioned in the Known Issues, feel free to file additional bug reports or comment on the Beta channel release thread: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/37661/beta-release-xamarin-ios-8-8-2-7-watchkit-app-store-submission-bug-fixes/p1. Thanks!

@BrendanZagaeski I did exactly that. rolled back to beta channel, created the archive, and uploaded with xcode archive window.

Still Invalid binary - "Invalid WatchKit Support"

What am i missing?

My Best Regards,
    Pedro Fernandes

• MatthewOConnorMatthewOConnor USBeta ✭✭

Same problem here. I installed the version from the beta channel, archived and uploaded from xcode. Shortly after uploading, I received an email that my binary was rejected. The reason was invalid watchkit support, but unfortunately, there were no details included:

Invalid WatchKit Support - The bundle contains an invalid implementation of WatchKit. The app may have been built or signed with non-compliant or pre-release tools. Visit developer.apple.com for more information.

@MatthewOConnor Exactly my problem.

Thanks for the additional results. I've reopened the bug report based on the new findings: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28884#c6. I included a few guesses about possible remaining reasons for the problem in my comment on the bug report.

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

The workaround above (and covered in our docs) was tested and verified against Xcode 6.2.

If you upgrade to Xcode 6.3 you will again see the error. We are working hard to diagnose this. The workaround as shown should still be fine with Xcode 6.2 and the latest Xamarin beta channel.

@CraigDunn Very much likely that's the problem but i can't revert it. I Updated to xCode 6.3 yesterday.

So no workaround right for xCode 6.3?

we're working on some options. unfortunately an unrelated issue see apple forum is slowing us down. will post again when I know more.

I can confirm that app submission is successful when using Xcode 6.2.

@MatthewOConnor Now i am jealous!

@PedroFernandes Sorry....Luckily I didn't update Xcode on my build machine so I was able to release it from there.

another update: unfortunately we still don't have an answer for Xcode 6.3.

however, the code that was tested and verified against Xcode 6.2 is being moved to Stable channel, so our docs will be updated to reflect that.

see this watch app store submission thread which @BrendanZagaeski is updating for further info.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

I fixed the Xcode 6.3 issues earlier today and based on my email notifications, it looks like QA has verified my fixes in git master and so I expects that my back-ported patches for the 5.8 and 5.9 branches will be merged early tomorrow and thus end up in the next batch of releases (hopefully tomorrow).

@jstedfast looking forward!

@jstedfast I just used the monotouch-8.9.1.3.pkg version and still have the "Invalid WatchKit Support"

Still not fixed.

The fixes are in Xamarin Studio, not Xamarin.iOS. Sorry if that wasn't clear before. Also, I don't think packages with my patches have gone out yet.

@jstedfast I rolled everything back to stable release. including Xamarin Studio.

I still have Invalida WatchKit support, so i guess they didn't went live yet

@jstedfast may you read this?

http://www.imore.com/code-signing-watchkit-apps-xcode-63
    Code signing WatchKit apps with Xcode 6.3 via @iMore

• MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

Is there an Xcode 6.3 workaround?

I also noticed that WatchKitSupport/WK isn't added to the archive with the latest beta, although it still gave me the invalid Watch Kit support email.

• MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

FYI, I manually added WatchKitSupport/WK again and this time it worked. I was able to get to "waiting for review" status.

• alxbogalxbog RUMember ✭✭

@MichaelBluestein Do you use 8.2 or 8.3 SDK?

Still waiting complete 8.3 support.

Still waiting for an official update from Xamarin.

• jeroenvandenBeltjeroenvandenBelt DEMember ✭✭

I am almost ready to switch to swift since Watch support by Xamarin isn't a smooth ride. Really a pity

@jstedfast @jeroenvandenBelt This is the reason why i sometimes get frustrated, don't get me wrong it is already an awesome job Xamarin is doing and the possibilities they open to us, but in this occasions of proactively supporting new releases Xamarin always tends to shake its position.

@jstedfast the fix is easy, i already provided the solution.

I'm still waiting for my patches to be accepted into 5.8 and 5.9

@jstedfast can you post link for the patches here?

I guess there is a lot of people that would be grateful!

@AlexeyB I used Xcode 6.3 for this latest submission, with the latest bits from Xamarin's beta channel. I manually added the WatchKitSupport/WK file to the root of the archive and then it worked (after 2 tries).

@MichaelBleistein can you please show us how to do that? since @jstedfast is not providing us the unapproved updates.

1. I haven't had a chance to play around with WatchKit apps myself yet, but I think "added the WatchKitSupport/WK file to the root of the archive" would mean that you'd copy the WatchKitSupport/WK file from somewhere in the bin/ folder of the project after building to the the top-level of the .xcarchive folder. (You should be able to pop up that .xcarchive folder in Finder by Control-clicking the Archive name in in the Archive list in Xcode's Organizer. Then you can use Control-click -> "Show Package Contents", or you can copy the files over using Terminal, or similar.)

2. If it's helpful, as long as you have an Apple Developer Account, you can get older versions of Xcode (including Xcode 6.2) from https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=Xcode.

• BenjaminBrollBenjaminBroll DEMember ✭✭

We ran into the same issue (latest Xamarin Studio from Stable channel and Xcode 6.3) and were able to fix it by manually tweaking the IPA app's IPA file. The IPA did not include the WatchKit support binary file. Have a look at the following StackOverflow post's second answer for a more detailed explanation:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28973149/binary-rejection-invalid-watchkit-support

Once the IPA included the WatchKit support binary, we were able to successfully submit the IPA using Application Loader.

Hope this helps!

@BenjaminBroll Works here.

Approved!

My patches just made it into Xamarin Studio 5.9, so the next 5.9 Alpha/Beta should have it.