Sample Xamarin 2.0 slide deck for speakers

segphaultsegphault USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited January 2014 in Events & Community

We have assembled a sample slide deck that introduces Xamarin 2.0. It's based on a talk that Michael Hutchinson recently gave at a user group meeting. It could be a useful resource for speakers who want to do an introductory Xamarin presentation. You can repurpose it as needed or use it as a starting point for your own slide decks. If you have any other similar material or demos that might be useful, please consider sharing them here.

http://files.xamarin.com/~joseph/xamarin2slidedeck.pptx

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you also have a sample deck which introduces the Xamarin architecture at a higher level - i.e. not just 2.0?

I'm presenting at Mobile Monday Wales in a few weeks and I would prefer to illustrate the architecture in a 'Xamarin approved' way rather than my own interpretation.

• MihaMarkicMihaMarkic SI ✭✭✭✭

Indeed, that's more like a promo material :)
    That said, technical slides would be of greater use to us.

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

I am working on a new slide deck currently, so any ideas would be great for what you are looking for :)

• MihaMarkicMihaMarkic SI ✭✭✭✭

Mostly focus on technical aspects - the core technology (i.e. based on Mono), how does one get from C# to Android, how it communicates with Java world (on Android) or iOS, what part of .net class libraries are included, PCL, rough comparison to native development (speed, positive aspects, negative aspects (i.e. size of binaries)), what you have to do when new Android SDK is out, etc.
    Try imaging being a skilled developer thrown to Xamarin world. I'd certainly wanted to understand the background.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller USBeta, Developer Group Leader ✭✭

I run a .Net user group, I would love a slide deck that's aimed at the .Net developer who wants to be able to use Xamarin Studio. How to leverage PCLs with iOS/Android/Windows.

It would also be good to see something that showed the ROI. I know a lot of people who have complained about the sticker shock of getting the Xamarin licenses. When you show how much time you save by not having to learn new languages or hiring additional staff, plus the code reuse, then you see the ROI