Reusable Loading page

ChristineBlandaChristineBlanda USMember ✭✭✭

I've seen examples of using the activity indicator to create a loading message in the center of a page, but the code is on the page itself. Han anyone pulled that out int an ancestor page that can be used by multiple pages in the app?

• MitchMilamMitchMilam USMember ✭✭✭

@ChristineBlanda I have a blog article that I'm working on that discuss that very topic but I will not have time to finish it until next week. Maybe someone has already done it and can share their code.

• ChristineBlandaChristineBlanda USMember ✭✭✭

I've got something that is most of the way there - it works in native pages, but I also want to to work when I'm loading a webview. Do you know of any event that is fired when the webview completes loading?

• MitchMilamMitchMilam USMember ✭✭✭

@ChristineBlanda the XLabs HybridWebView supports a LoadFinished event but I am not sure the standard Xamarin Forms WebView does.

• ChristineBlandaChristineBlanda USMember ✭✭✭

I don't think it does either, but I already had a custom render written. so I think I am almost there ..

• hvaughanhvaughan USMember ✭✭✭

Incase anyone is interested, MitchMilam wrote a post about this loading message functionality and also posted a solution on GitHub at the following links below. Thanks much!:

- the post
    - the code