Add In Stopped Working

I just realized that our soft debugger add-in completely stopped working in the latest version of Xamarin Studio (5.8.1)
https://github.com/mcneel/RhinoMonodevelopAddin

I rolled our Xamarin Studio installation back to 5.7.2 and the soft debugger started working again.

I'm at a bit of a loss about what to do. Does anyone know if I need to update our add-in or if there is a regression in Xamarin Studio? If I need to update our add-in, is there any documentation about what it is I need to change?

Thanks, -Steve

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

How exactly did it stop working? Are there any errors at all?

• SteveBaerSteveBaer USMember

That's the mysterious part. I don't see any errors or other messages when I attempt to run this custom soft debugger in the latest Xamarin Studio. Just nothing happens.

I tried debugging this project and the AddIn Maker gave me a message that I need to update my project based on notes on your blog. I tried this and was still unable to debug this add-in.

We're okay right now since I told everyone in the company to stick with 5.7.2 for the time being, but I would like to solve this issue and get everyone back on to the latest version of Xamarin Studio.

Is there any way to output some sort of trace statements from the add-in so I can try and see where things stop working? I would like to get our developers back on to the latest build of Xamarin Studio.

Here's some interesting information that a coworker discovered.

Xamarin Studio 5.7.2 - our debugger add-in works if you use the right click context menu in the solution pad or from the application's main menu

Xamarin Studio 5.8.1 - our debugger add-in does not work from the context menu, but does work when run from the application's main menu

Xamarin Studio 5.8.2 - our debugger add-in does not work from either menu

Hey Michael,
    Curtis figured out how to make our add-in start working again so we are all happily debugging again with the latest Xamarin Studio.

In case you are interested, you can see what changed at
    https://github.com/mcneel/RhinoMonodevelopAddin
    on April 10th