ViewCell is not working after Xamarin.Forms 1.3.5 update in Windows Phone.

I have a TableView wtih one EntryCell and 2 ViewCells. It was working properly in Windows Phone until I updated the Xamarin Forms to latest version 1.4.0.6341. It suddenly stopped working and throw error as given below:
{MS.Internal.WrappedException: MeasureOverride of element 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinPhone.ViewToRendererConverter+WrapperControl' should not return PositiveInfinity or NaN as its DesiredSize. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: MeasureOverride of element 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinPhone.ViewToRendererConverter+WrapperControl' should not return PositiveInfinity or NaN as its DesiredSize.
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(IntPtr nativeTarget, Double inWidth, Double inHeight, Double& outWidth, Double& outHeight)

I tried removing the view cell then it is working properly. I taken the Xamarin Forms version of 1.3.5.6337, that also given the same issue. Finally the Xamarin Forms version 1.3.4.6332 is working fine.

The latest version is working fine for Android and iOS. The Windows Phone is targeting Windows Phone 8.0. When this issue will be fixed?

Answers

• I think Xamarin need to get on to this fast - it is causing issues in Android as well - I have already posted about this and so have others. This is becoming a major issue Xamarin - please make it your priority!!!

• JacobPoulsen_JacobPoulsen_ DKMember ✭✭✭

Im also having this issue... any news about it or workarounds?

• MitchMilamMitchMilam USMember ✭✭✭

@SureshKumar.6691, @MartinOsgathorpe, @Jacob_B_Poulsen:

Guys, the quickest way to get attention to what looks like a bug is for you to file a bug report in bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com

Forum posts can sometimes be overlooked.

• Daniel.5649Daniel.5649 USMember

Did you guys ever get this resolved or find a work around. I am also having this issue and can verify it with the sample form projects too.

• JeremyHerbisonJeremyHerbison CAMember ✭✭
    edited April 2015

I logged a bug about this last week: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29290

You can work around it by setting HorizontalOptions on the item(s) inside the ViewCell to something other than Fill or FillAndExpand.

• Daniel.5649Daniel.5649 USMember

Thanks, are you able to provide an example, i am still having the same issue.

• kaihaophangkaihaophang USMember

Hi guys, i having the same issue as above. Is there any solution yet?

• JeremyHerbisonJeremyHerbison CAMember ✭✭
    edited June 2015

1) Add HorizontalOptions to the child of your ViewCell, as I suggested
    2) Downgrade forms to 1.3.3 until the next release, which I assume will contain the fix.
    3) Use a new WinRT project instead of Windows Phone (note that this is a super buggy platform in my experience, but it doesn't have this issue).

• kaihaophangkaihaophang USMember

thanks for your help, jeremy. I tried the first option and it works fine:D