Is it possible to load assets to the device like photos?

Hi guys

Just starting assessing test cloud and this is my first concern before moving on with a deeper analysis

tkx

• AlisonFernandesAlisonFernandes USMember ✭✭

Unless the app itself provides functionality to access that info (being online or inside the app bundle / apk), you won't be able to do that.

This type of UI testing solutions don't have (and aren't supposed to have) that level of device access, furthermore, they should be used to automate behaviours that you predict your users will have while using the app ("when I interact with this, I should see that"). Unless I'm missing some point, sideloading assets into the app just isn't the right scenario you should be looking into, that's more of a Unit / Integration test case.

• dermotKdermotK USMember, University

I have a similar question. If I have a wizard that has three parts, the 1st n 2nd taking a long time to fill in, but I currently only want to load the 3rd section of the wizard, I would prefer to have the app pre-loaded with the 1st n 2nd, so I don't have to waste time driving the app to the point of test (3rd wizard part) each time.

What would you suggest as the best method of performing this? Preload and use a back door to load into the app? I am also wondering can I save a virtual devices state and reload for later use?