How do I create an Android Virtual Device in Xamarin Studio on OS X?

I'm trying to create an Android Virtual Device to target Android 4 API Level 15 or 19.
In both cases I get an error "Result of creating AVD MonoForAndroid_API_15: Error: Unable to find a 'userdata.img' file for ABI armeabi to copy into the AVD folder.

Looks like Xamarin installer only created

/Users/{username}/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/platforms/android-7/images/userdata.img
/Users/{username}/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/platforms/android-8/images/userdata.img
/Users/{username}/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/platforms/android-10/images/userdata.img
/Users/{username}/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/platforms/android-12/images/userdata.img

Ho can I add support for newer platforms?

Answers

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod
    edited March 2015

Go to the Android SDK manager and install the appropriate platforms.

• uchennauchenna USMember

@ Mark, Thank you so much for the response. But that seems not be the issue, because the downloading function is not working. My Xamarin Player Home Screen has only one parent link: DEVICES. Then the children links are INSTALLED DEVICES and DOWNLOADABLE DEVICES. These two options have the value of 0 in front of them. The DOWNLOADABLE DEVICES link has a Refresh icon in front of it, which i guess is the Downloading button you mentioned about, and when i click this i get no response! Mark, please i need a walk through because i have a deadline to meet with an App i am to present at Work. Time is very important, help me Mark.