Visual Studio - Could not find a storyboard named '...' in bundle NSBundle

I get one strange error -
Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C exception thrown. Name: NSInvalidArgumentException Reason: Could not find a storyboard named '...' in bundle NSBundle </Users/.../Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/D710675C-8FE2-482F-BA6E-1147A486DC19/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/D44C1F8F-F90A-4C18-B100-8898A4B73685/....app> (loaded)

I got this error after I updated xamarin.visual studio and xamarin.iOS on windows and Xamarin Studio on OS.X.

My current Xamarin.VisualStudio version is 3.9.483. (Windows 8.1)
I use Yosemite OSX 10.10 that installed xamarin studio 5.8(build 443) with Xamarin.iOS 8.8.0.2

I tried all things that I can do but this is not solved.
Please help me.

• Keith.7205Keith.7205 USMember

I think this is related to the problem i've been trying to solve for the last 36 hours.

Same setup as above...

To create my issue you can:

1) Create an new empty unified iPhone application in VS
    2) add a "Views" folder
    3) add an empty ViewController (with code behind and xib) in this folder,
    4) make app delegate load this ViewController as root,
    5) run the app.

you get error similar to...
    Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C exception thrown. Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException Reason: Could not load NIB in bundle: 'NSBundle </Users/rockets/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/A07C689B-35C1-488A-B20D-DCA6CFC73DF5/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/0501547E-235C-4489-96AB-544BF0C184DB/TouchApp.app> (loaded)' with name 'ViewController1'

If you move the ViewController and related xib asset to the root, the project will build and run!

It seems at build time the xibs are converted to nibs, but left in the original view folder, rather than placed in the root of the .app

If I build our main app in Xamarin Studio (on mac) everything is fine, but same code on VS produces an output package with a different structure, so the nibs are never found!

This was all working fine on both platforms before this latest update!

• SamirNassarSamirNassar USMember

Great thanks for your reply, Keith.
    I will try, right now and let you know.

• SamirNassarSamirNassar USMember

Yes, that was it. it works great.
    Great thanks again, Keith.

• StevenTsangStevenTsang GBMember

Yeah this is also happening to me and for now had to revert to the 8.6 version. I have sent a support email and still waiting for a reply.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited March 2015

This issue is now being tracked in Xamarin's bug tracker here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=27990.

If you would like to downgrade while waiting for a fix, here are the links to the previous versions (from last week, before WatchKit support):

• KashifShaikhKashifShaikh CAMember ✭✭

This is unacceptable - why couldn't Xamarin execute a simple test case to run on VS to ensure it can build and deploy a project to an iOS device?

This is such a simple use case, and shows why VS always breaks after every iOS/Xcode release.

• PatrickLongPatrickLong USMember ✭✭

why couldn't Xamarin execute a simple test case to run on VS to ensure it can build and deploy a project to an iOS device?<<

Ye but now we have have WatchKit support. Hurrah. Not.

• AbujaDeveloperAbujaDeveloper USMember

Is there a fix for this issue now?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yes. This particular "cannot copy" issue is fixed in the current alpha version. There is one new, slightly different "cannot copy" problem involving "." characters in project names that has appeared as of the current alpha and beta versions. That new bug is currently scheduled to be fixed before the beta version is promoted to stable (hopefully within the next several days). For a few more details about what's fixed and what's not working in the alpha version see the corresponding release thread:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/36241/alpha-release-xamarinvs-3-9-530-watchkit-bug-fixes/p1

• KishoriNanduriKishoriNanduri USMember

Thanks Keith.

• I updated tody to iOS 3.9.547 und this avove described error occures. But, I'm using Xamarin forms and there is no ViewController (with code behind and xib). What can I do?

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

If you have upgraded to Xcode 6.3 (or newer), you can try downgrading to Xcode 6.2 or older. The compilation process changed with the new xcode and we are preparing a release to support the new behaviour.

• The reason, why I upgraded to Xcode 6.3 was, that apple fixed some Problems with Audio in the simulator. Thus I can't use the Simulator any more at the Moment. Hm.

• With Xcode 6.2 it works fine now. Thank you.

• ThiyagarajanRenganathanThiyagarajanRenganathan USUniversity ✭✭

Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C exception thrown. Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException Reason: Could not load NIB in bundle: 'NSBundle </Users/rockets/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/A07C689B-35C1-488A-B20D-DCA6CFC73DF5/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/0501547E-235C-4489-96AB-544BF0C184DB/TouchApp.app> (loaded)' with name 'ViewController1'

Above problem solved with

Xamarin.iOS version - 8.9.1.3
    Xamarin.VS version - 3.9.547
    Xcode version – 6.1.1

Regards,
    R.Thiyagarajan

• IvanFranchiIvanFranchi USMember ✭✭

Worth to be reopened? I'm having

Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSInvalidArgumentException Reason: Could not find a storyboard named 'LaunchScreen' in bundle NSBundle  

again after Xcode updates