Designer not working

Hi,
after install on Win 8 with VS 2010 or 2012 the designer in VS don't run. Always get error Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.DesignerException. It's the same when opening an existing xaml file or create a new one. I'm not even see the code...
What's the Problem? I run the newest monodroid 4.2.8

Peter

• Peter.ArteltPeter.Artelt DEMember

No answer for me? New Installation didn't solve the problem. How do you do your Layouts?

• ChrisHardyChrisHardy Xamurai GBForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2012

Hey Peter,

What's the full exception that you're getting? Does using MonoDevelop have the same issue with the designer?

ChrisNTR

Hi Chris,
    thanks for your answer.
    I get no other Information just as a small dialog box from VS2010 with the text Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.DesignerException. In MonoDevelop I can open the .axml file as text. Is there a Designer?
    Peter

Installing 4.2.8 didn't solve the Problem
    What Designers do you use?

• TeHaTeHa ✭✭✭ DEMember ✭✭✭

I've got the same problem with using the designer, that's why I use the disgner in eclipse in combination with droiddraw. And in the VS I changed the standard open-action of the axml-files to a normal xml-text-editor.

Hey all,

We have a bug on this issue, which should have been fixed in Mono for Android 4.2.7 but I don't think this has resolved the issue in all cases, the designer should show as expected. Is it possible to run through the steps in comment 1 on https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6532#c1 to see if we can get more information to debug this issue?

Thanks in advance,

ChrisNTR

Hi Chris,

in Attachment the Output file from opening the axml file.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your time.

Peter

No idea what the Problem is?

My designer still doesn't work...

Hey Peter,

Is it possible to e-mail Xamarin at [email protected] so we can look into the issue further and ask for a few more things so we can debug the issue?

Thanks,

ChrisNTR

• I'm getting this from XamarinStudio on the mac, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm still getting the same error message whenever I open any axml.

• I got it working, the only thing that got it to work was a fresh install of OS X.