Forum Visual Studio

LINQ

Hello,

Does Xamarin Studio have support for LINQ.

If so, an example project plz.

Thanx,
Slowly

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yes, it does. Just add a reference to System.Core on your projects, and using System.Linq; in you C# files.

• SlowlySlowly USMember

OK...does the free version of xamarin studio support the building of any source code? or do you have to buy the business version?

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

Xamarin Studio is the IDE and has no Business Edition, it is just plain free and can be used to build normal C# projects w/o any need to buy a license.

Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.Mac are the products that have various editions, some of which require licenses.

Hope that clarifies a bit.

• SlowlySlowly USMember

"...Error: The Unknown Edition of Xamarin.Mac does not support building outside of Xamarin Studio. Please go to https://store.xamarin.com to upgrade to the Business Edition..."

...That is the error I get when trying to compile something. Is there a recommended sample that I can try and compile that is guaranteed not to generate this error...?

• SlowlySlowly USMember

How can I replace Xamarin.Mac with Xamarin Studio?

• SlowlySlowly USMember

...on OSX...?

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

That error means that you don't have Xamarin.Mac installed and are trying to compile a Xamarin.Mac sample.

The Xamarin.Mac product is the set of bindings for Mac's native UI library.

You need to open a standard .NET project if you don't have any of the pay-for Xamarin products installed.