Forum Visual Studio

Azure Mobile Services and Visual Studio not working

I'm struggling with this. I've watched every video on the planet and read dozens of articles on how to use Azure Mobile Services with Xamarin, and none of them use it in a way that I need to, which is with the .Net Mobile Service WebApi project in my solution. I will be writing some custom api methods and will be doing it in the WebApi Mobile Service project.

I've created a starter project that's on github, https://github.com/kahanu/XamarinZumoTest

The Issue: nothing is working in any platform. I get errors and no results.

The WebApi project works locally. When I launch the WebApi project in a browser, I can go to : /api/todoitem and it will return a list of the items. But I can't get it to work in my PCL class.

Here's the way I've structured my application: (I created the solution in Visual Studio 2013 using the Mobile Apps template and added an Azure Mobile Services project to the solution)

-- PCL
-- Azure Client - this references the WebApi project
-- Services - this references the Azure client
-- ViewModels - these references the various services to bind the properties to the UI elements
-- iOS - uses the special Microsoft.WindowsAzure.MobileServices, and .Ext assemblies from the Xamarin componet store, not NuGet
-- Android - uses the special Microsoft.WindowsAzure.MobileServices, and .Ext assemblies from the Xamarin componet store, not NuGet
-- WindowsPhone
-- Azure Mobile Services WebApi

I want this to be a simple proof-of-concept solution for using Mobile Services in this way, but I'm obviously not smart enough to know why it's not working. If this structure is not feasible for some reason, please explain why.

I would really, REALLY appreciate it if someone could take a look at the project and explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

FYI, I've been working with Xamarin for about 2-weeks so I'm definitely a newbie.