Updating Xamarin broke the build process (The process cannot access the file "appName.dll.mdb")

• TolulopeAsaluTolulopeAsalu USMember ✭✭
    How do I fix the problem on xamarin studio
  • TeknomeTeknome CAMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017

VS 15.5.1

Always new problems on each updates... I have a type exception each time I launch the app with my launcher activity and also the lock on obj files, the ones that are lock for me:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'obj\Debug\android\typemap.jm' because it is being used by another process.

None of the workarounds work, I have to close VS, delete manually, open again... I just... can't believe how hard it is to have a stable env with Xamarin, it's just impossible.

I would never recommend Xamarin to anyone anymore. Just recommend using pure Java, the C# upside is completly eclipsed by everything that relates to Xamarin and VS problems: netstandard, .net core, problems with cross platforms libraries... cannot debug correcly... just.. wow... it feels like a new product, like Xamarin just came out for the first time in alpha. Honestly, I'm at loss of words...

• TeknomeTeknome CAMember ✭✭

For those with this problem, it's a known bug of 15.5.1 :

I'd recommend NOT UPDATING TO THIS VERSION. Our team has lost a lot of time and we had to rollback to prior version. I'd also recommend NEVER updating to newest IDE Version. If you're running on a version that works for you, never update.

If you have the manpower and the financial possibilities, let someone try to update and run for 2 to 4 weeks alone with the new version. Xamarin is just not stable enough to risk production development environment to be impacted the way it does.

• LoiHuynhLoiHuynh USMember

I update last version :smile:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error error: error while writing array: obj\Debug\android\bin\classes\com\vovisoft\R$array.class (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)
    public static final class array {