DisplayActionSheet - Windows Phone Problem

TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DEMember ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've got a problem with the function DisplayActionSheet (developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/xamarin-forms/working-with/pop-ups/).

In my app I call the function like this:

var action = await DisplayActionSheet("Select action", "Cancel", null, "Call", "Send message");

It worked completely fine till I started up the Windows Phone emulator. There, for some strange reason, the call seems not to be awaited. It just returns null immediately, then the ActionSheet is showing but never gives me a feedback what the user clicked. Did anyone else experience this?

Every help is appreciated!

Cold, snowy regards from germany!

• TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DEMember ✭✭✭

Is noone able to reproduce this? I really need help with this one, otherwise I have to create my own actionsheet renderer for WP8.

• CharlesPetzold.4997CharlesPetzold.4997 USXamarin Team Xamurai

I'm afraid I can't reproduce your problem. For the record I'm running Xamarin.Forms version 1.3.1.6296, and I've tried your DisplayActionSheet call on both an actual Windows Phone and one of the Windows Phone emulators, and I find the call to be awaited.

Can you check what version of Xamarin.Forms is giving your this problem?

Hi,

thanks for your reply! Im using the exact same version of Xamarin.Forms. Im calling DisplayActionSheet from the ListView.ItemTapped event, if that matters in anyway.

I had the beta version of 1.3.1 installed previously, is it possible that there are some reference problem after I changed to the stable build? I completely deinstalled xamarin and reinstalled it though.

FYI: I created a new project and tested that case, and there it works fine. Still don't know why it doesnt work in the other solution, but it's obviously no issue with xamarin I think.

• FriedrichWedelFriedrichWedel CHMember ✭✭

I am facing the same issue with WP8, the DisplayActionSheet gets not awaited but it works with Android. I am using Xamarin.Forms 1.3.3.0. Any ideas?

I still have this problem, it seems like as soon as I switch the application MainPage once this happens, before it gets awaited. We stopped working on WP8 due to this issue.

• BrianRepettiBrianRepetti USUniversity ✭✭✭

I am having this issue as well.

Someone probably has to submit a bugreport for this. :smile:

I can maybe do it later this week, but feel free to do it earlier :wink:

• amala88amala88 USMember

Having the same issue. It does not happen on emulator, and only sometimes on device.

• ElvinAsadovElvinAsadov AZMember ✭✭

@TorbenKruse, i have submit bugreport on 2014-12-07 to bugzilla. But they still not fixed it. And for this bug we still could not support for WinPhone

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25473

@AEMLoviji Thanks for the info. In the bug they say it's not reproduceable. I think it only happens if you change the mainpage once.

• AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

And its lodged here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29103

And I posted a secondary one here https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=29899 (admittedly this one is more to just try and get their attention)

And I posted on their latest release tagging Jason Smith.

No response from anywhere yet though. I'm hoping someone takes note of it eventually.