Visual Studio is targeting my class library to framework .NET instead of MonoTouch

Hi there,

I am working on Xamarin project for iOS and Android. In my solution there are projects like:

• Xamarin.Auth.iOS
  • Auth0Client.iOS
  • MyProject.iOS

Everything is working fine on mac with Xamarin, but when I am trying to work with project on pc with VS 2013 I get:

The project 'Xamarin.Auth.iOS' cannot be referenced. The referenced project is targeted to a different framework family (MonoTouch)
The project 'Auth0Client.iOS' cannot be referenced. The referenced project is targeted to a different framework family (.NETFramework)

Why on Xamarin on mac it's working fine, and how to fix that issue. I've tried to changing .NETFramework to MonoTouch in VS, but there is no option available to choose (there are only .NET, no MonoTouch). Also I was trying to setup new class library for iOS but on VS, and target was Xamarin.iOS (so 3rd type...)

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

What channel are you on with Visual Studio? Xamarin.iOS is the new unified (32-bit + 64-bit) platform. It sounds like VS has some odd setting, I'd switch to the stable channel and see if it goes away.

• I use only stable versions of Xamarin for Android / iOS. However the solution was created long time ago with Xamarin Studio on Mac.

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Can you create new Xamarin.iOS solutions in VS and successfully build and deploy them?
    Can you by any chance share the troubling solution so we can have a look at it?