Android - Using .jar files - Scandit 4.3

IMPORTANT: As of right now, I CAN NOT use the Xamarin component for Android because that version has a bug where certain phones have trouble scanning due to a blurry image. Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal, except that the phone that has the issue is what most of the would be users of this application will have.

I'm trying to figure out how to use Scandit 4.3 for Android in my Xamarin project. I basically need to be able to use the jar file in my Xamarin project. I'm using scanditsdk-community-android_4.3.0.zip found here: https://ssl.scandit.com/account/sdk.

The zip file contains a ScanditSDK folder with a structure like this:

ScanditSDK/libs/armeabi/libscanditsdk-android-4.3.0.so

ScanditSDK/libs/armeabi-v7a/libscanditsdk-android-4.3.0.so

ScanditSDK/libs/x86/libscanditsdk-android-4.3.0.so

ScanditSDK/libs/scanditsdk-barcodepicker-android-4.3.0.jar

So I'm trying to create a bindings library from this. My folder structure looks like this in the bindings library project:

/Jars/scanditsdk-barcodepicker-android-4.3.0.jar

libs/armeabi/libscanditsdk-android-4.3.0.so

libs/armeabi-v7a/libscanditsdk-android-4.3.0.so

libs/x86/libscanditsdk-android-4.3.0.so

For all of the .so files, I have Build Action: EmbeddedNativeLibrary and Copy to Output: Copy always. For the .jar file I have Build Action: EmbeddedJar and Copy to Output: Do not copy.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing here to be honest. I'm just trying to follow instructions that I've found. When I try to build the project I get this error: Error 21 The type or namespace name 'Type' does not exist in the namespace 'Com.Scandit.Base.System' (are you missing an assembly reference?).

What do I need to do to get this to build?