< Image > random Pop-in on android. No issue on iOS.

Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

I'm have 5 small < images > on a page for typing in a pin and they all pop-in on android after a second in a random order. I can get rid of the pop-in if I just sync load them instead of letting < image > async load them. But they're Android Resource so I don't understand why the pop-in is so bad. They're tiny dots and a logo so they aren't resource intensive images. Is there some proper way to pre-load the images so that I don't have to write a new image control that sync - loads them so they all show up at once instead of the weird random images pop-in that I'm getting? Am I doing something wrong?

<Image x:Name="_image" WidthRequest="20" HeightRequest="20" Source="dot_empty.png"/>

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

Has anyone solved this besides making the control load the images synchronously?

• LuckyDayLuckyDay USMember ✭✭✭

I've got a bunch of images loading up just fine.

First question is are you seeing this on an emulator? I've yet to see android emulator performance better than questionable at the best of times. Xamarin Android player is light years ahead of the stock android emulator but still pretty bad compared to my actual device

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

Nope seeing this on a galaxy S4 and another android phone. I will play with the layout more and see if I can fix it. It's this very visible pop-in of the images after a second or so. I was hoping someone else had seen this behavior.