Possibly Utah meetup

decriptordecriptor USBeta, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
edited February 2014 in Community

The forums are new and I think I'm the only person on here from Utah so far, but I'm wondering if there is enough interest to get a meetup going in Utah?

PS, I'm too cheap to pay for a group on the meetup site :)

• RogerNedelRogerNedel USMember

Stephen,

I'm just starting to develop using MonoTouch. I too am interested in finding some sort of meetup in the SLC area. Perhaps we could get the ball rolling.

• decriptordecriptor USBeta, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Let me figure out a date and I'll try and announce something. In the past, something like applebee's in the draper area has been pretty good. Free wifi.

Great. Thanks.

Stephen,

I am interested in trying to get this MonoTouch "meet up" started. I've got plenty of time this coming week, and wonder if you're still interested? If so, let's set a date and place.

I'm located not fairly close to Sugarhouse, but I'm willing to travel to other locations. Generally, my work allows me to meet weekdays and/or weekends, days or evenings. What works for you?

Cheers.

• nateharwardnateharward USMember

Count me in for any meetups here!

Sorry, I promised I didn't disappear. I just got busy.

There are a couple options. There is this event coming that might be a good place to meetup - http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/302805 (granted I still have to check with the wife to make sure I'm allowed to go :)

If not, lets shoot for February for our first meetup. If everyone that is interested wants to let me now roughly where they live I'll try and get a good central location.

Stephen,

February sounds great for me. Due to a scheduling conflict, I am unable to attend the Salt Lake Open Spaces conference that you suggest. I am generally available during the following dates:

09-14 Feb (except for evenings on 11 and 12 Feb)
    19 Feb
    24 Feb

I am located in the vicinity of 3900 S and 2300 E, SLC. I am willing to travel anywhere throughout the valley, however.

Thanks.

• Count me in.

ok, February kind of fell through. I'm hoping to present about Xamarin's tools at utah code camp. We could aways try and do something at the conference or another time during march.

• JustinMosesJustinMoses USBeta

I have a meetup group in Ogden, that meets semi-irregularly. : )

It's called Mobile Development Ogden. Occasionally, we get other people to come from the non-core group.

I'm hoping to actually finally get around to this. I'll try and get something posted for September.

Ok, I've been somewhat carless, so as soon as I can get that taken care of I think we'll shoot for the end of october.

Ok, this is finally happening... yeah, yeah, I know I'm lame :)

BUT, I finally have a meetup site -> http://www.meetup.com/UtahMobileDevelopers/

If everything goes well I'm hoping to have one in April.