Issue with Xamarin iOS/Reactive Extensions with ARM64

Just wondering if anyone has ideas on this issue (See https://gist.github.com/merbla/6c993af92e3c82b4f307)

The problem does not occur on the emulator.

Are the Rx components getting an update?

Posts

  • JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

    Are you using a Classic or Unified project? It looks like it has already been updated to Unified. I will ask the components team to try to repo.

  • JonathanDickJonathanDick CAXamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

    There's a pending update to this component that has Xamarin.iOS 8.6 Unified API Support which will be published at the same time that Xamarin.iOS 8.6 is published to stable.

    Thanks

  • MatthewErbsMatthewErbs AUMember

    Hi,

    Yes it's a Unified project. I will wait for the update and test

    Thanks,
    Matthew

  • MatthewErbsMatthewErbs AUMember

    Hi,

    I have updated Xamarin (5.7), Rx (2.2.1) and have XCode (6.1.1).

    I do not believe the problem can be replicated.

    Thanks again.

  • YurySmanYurySman USMember

    Hi,
    Problem still exists (doesn't work provided gist), very critical for my project, could you take a look? In case when project is configured only to compile armv7 binaries, gist works as expected.

    Xamarin Studio
    Version 5.7 (build 661)

    Xamarin.iOS
    Version: 8.6.0.51 (Enterprise Edition)

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015

    Hi

    @MatthewErbs

    First possible problem: You have Xamarin.iOS 8.4. This might be an issue. (Maybe gist is too old).

    Second problem: Code snippet does not compile on stable channel

    here is my solution + your code snippet + compiler error I get.

    https://github.com/moljac/Xamarin.Tools.Tests/blob/master/logs/2015-01-16-Xamarin.iOS.Unified-Rx.net/Empty/AppDelegate.cs#L48

    I'll dive in deeper.

    thanks

    regards

    mel

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    I'm checking this. Gist compiles. I used fully qualified classname instead of using and extension methods were not found.

    I'm checking this issue in the repo.

    So far I can reproduce it.

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    There is another similar case

    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/31053/unified-64-bit-device-rx-v2-2-5-disposable-has-already-been-assigned

    It seems that this might be a bug in Xamarin.iOS related only to ARM64 iOS devices. The Xamarin.iOS team will check this issue too.

Sign In or Register to comment.