Dumb question - how do you install it?

RodHowarth.5042RodHowarth.5042 Rod HowarthAUMember, University

I've downloaded the profiler-mac-0.9.29 zip, extracted it.

I can double click XamarinProfiler.Mac to run it, but the walkthrough requires that I run it from Xamarin Studio. However it doesn't seem to show up in the run menu. I've tried downloading the sample android project from the walkthrough but it doesn't show up there.

I've tried dragging XamarinProfiler.mac into my applications folder but that doesnt' seem to make any difference.

Am I missing something really simple?

• JohnHairJohnHair John Hair GBMember ✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall you need to be running XS from the alpha channel, but Im not brave enough for that right now.

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey Jason Awbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

I went through this. It is not very intuitive. I'm fuzzy on the details of how I solved it, but I think what you have to do is install the alpha version of XS, and then when you try to profile it will ask you for the path to the profiler app.

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 Sebastian Seidel DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

The beta channel works for me too. As @JasonAwbrey‌ wrote, Xamarin Studio ask you for the path to the profile folder at the first time you want to profile an app.

• shawshaw Stephen Shaw USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

Xamarin Studio 5.6 and above should have support. As of right now you should be ok using beta or alpha channel (5.7). Once 5.7 moves into the stable channel you shouldn't have to worry about Xamarin Studio versions anymore.

• NinaVyedinNinaVyedin Nina Vyedin USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Rod, what's your license level? And what version of XS are you using?