Feature Requests

NinaVyedinNinaVyedin USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

What would you like to see in future versions of the profiler? What are some of your favorite features of other profiling tools you use (include screenshots)?

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see the possibility to sort by multiple columns. For example if you have a lot of allocations I would like to sort by name and than by size.

• MihaMarkicMihaMarkic SI ✭✭✭✭

Ability to take snapshots on windows for memory profiler. And compare count and instances of objects that are live (not ready for GC.Collect) between the snapshots. Does snapshot also mean GC.Collect?
    Run profiler from VS? Perhaps I am again missing something but there is only Tools/Xamarin Profiler option that asks for an .exe file. After clicking Cancle that options becomes disabled until VS is restarted.

• NinaVyedinNinaVyedin USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Miha could you file a bug about the VS issues? This should all be fixed in the version released this week.

Thanks,
    Nina

And yes, snapshot triggers a gc.

• IanKozhurinIanKozhurin USMember ✭✭

Profiling Mac application bundles.

edited March 2015

Hi Ian,

This is on the roadmap but it's not a high priority at the moment. We do support Mac profiling right now, and we're more likely to fix things if customers file bugs. If you're interested in improved Mac support, we encourage you to do this.

Nina

• joilson.cisnejoilson.cisne BRMember ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Is it enable to profile Xamarin.Forms app? Nevermind

You answered your own question :) But for the record, yes, of course you can profile a Forms app, just as you would a regular iOS or Android app.