Entering Text - Timed out waiting for keyboard

Hi,

We have two parts of our app where Calabash keeps throwing an exception when ever we try to enter text into two specific fields.

It looks like Calabash gives focus to the text field but nothing ever types. The keyboard does come up. There are also some animations going on in each of these situations (that might have something to do with it).

After about a minute, we get the error "Timed out waiting for keyboard"; even though the keyboard is on screen.

Has anyone ran into this or have any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!

Here's the error we get:

Entering text 'test' in element matching Id("Ride Notes") at coordinates [ 160, 472 ]. Exceptions while waiting: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in :0 at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient.Post (System.String endpoint, System.String arguments, ExceptionPolicy exceptionPolicy, Nullable1 timeOut) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Error while performing EnterText(Id("Ride Notes"), "test") Exception: System.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting for keyboard. at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.WaitForHelper.WaitFor (System.Func1 predicate, System.String timeoutMessage, Nullable1 timeout, Nullable1 retryFrequency, Nullable`1 postTimeout) [0x00000] in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp+<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__29 () [0x00000] in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.Utils.ErrorReporting.With (System.Action func, System.Object[] args, System.String memberName) [0x00000] in :0

• nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭

I had the keyboard come up, but just the view attached to it. I went into Hardware - unchecked "Connect Hardware Keyboard" so I force the software keyboard.

Does that help?

• NatePearsonNatePearson USUniversity ✭✭

We're not on the simulator, we're on a real device :(. No real keyboard attached either.

• NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭

I had the same issue when I was testing an iPhone app on an iPad. I resolved it by setting the "Devices" in info.plist to "Universal" (instead of iPhone/iPod). Probably the coordinates are off when you run an iPhone app on an iPad. Maybe this is something that @Xamarin could have a look at.

• Glenn.WilsonGlenn.Wilson USXamarin Team Xamurai

@NielsCup Yes, you are correct. This is a known issue in calabash-ios (which UITest for iOS uses) and has not been a high priority as most people have moved away from "zoomed" apps on the iPad and are using universal apps instead.

See: Cannot touch views on iPhone apps emulated on iPad

• @Glenn.Wilson - I am using custom entry and after changing to "Universal" in Info.plist. It didn't worked for me.