Issues activating account to Xamarin Studio

Hello, I'm currently the sole developer in charge of creating an iOS app for my company. I have an iMac machine I use in the office, as well as a MacBook Air that I will be developing on when I'm not in the office. We have purchased a Business plan for Xamarin iOS and Android, and that account holder has set me up in the developer seat.

Everything seems to work fine on my iMac after I log into this account. There is no "Purchase Xamarin.iOS" option in the context menu, and when I deploy my applications, I do not get the evaluation splash screen, and it all works fine.

However, on the MacBook Air, this is not the case. No matter how many times I log into this same account, it cannot seem to recognize myself as the developer on the Business plan account, and when I deploy my applications I get the evaluation splash screen. Is there a way I can force Xamarin Studio to recognize that I am indeed connected to the business account?

• ChrisHardyChrisHardy GBForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey William,

If you go to Xamarin Studio -> About Xamarin Studio -> Show Details - does it say Business edition next to Xamarin.iOS? If so, you should try do a clean and rebuild - that should remove the evaluation splash screen, otherwise, you might want to try remove any existing licenses from ~/Library/MonoTouch and try logging out and in again to see if that resolves the issue.

ChrisNTR

• WilliamThomasWilliamThomas USMember ✭✭

Yep, removing the license file seems to have done it. Thanks Chris!