Installation fails, and can't download Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS

andrebloemenkampandrebloemenkamp USMember, University

I have been trying to install Xamarin for windows. Unfortunately the install failed, also after multiple downloads.

Then I tried to download the separate components that should be under the show all versions link (see attached screens) . The only download that is available is Xamarin.Studio.

Where can I download

Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS ?

Greetings,
Andre

• FrankHornFrankHorn USMember

I'm having the same problem. Trying to evaluate Xamarin for Visual Studio on Windows 7 64 bit. The "Universal installer" asks for permission to send feedback, I press the Continue button, and it just closes. Makes to difference to run it as administrator. I've switched off the firewall, installed GTK#, Java SDK, Android SDK (Net 4.5 is installed anyway), and even Xamarin Studio, but the "Universal installer" does nothing but writing a log file (see attached). So I'm asking myself, if they can't even write a decent installer, should I take the pain to evaluate their product at all?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the reports! There was a mistake where the latest installers were signed with certificates that have just expired today (November 21).

If needed, you can work around the problem temporarily by setting back your computer clock by 1 day. See this new thread for more details: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/28303/windows-installers-broken-temporarily-expired-signing-certificates

I'll close this thread as a duplicate of the new thread to help consolidate any further discussion.

This discussion has been closed.